• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

God called in sick today [Any]
    The moments when I'm rendered speechless are few and far between.  This was not one of those times, but it ran pretty close as I watch the child upon his back.  He calls me Mama and there is an odd mixture of thoughts swirling in my head.  There's an impulse mixed somewhere in there to back away slowly and pretend like I saw  and heard nothing; afterall I had only asked about what happened to the giantess looming nearby.  I didn't particularly think I could possibly come away from this day with a child in tow.

But amidst all the cluttered uncertainty of what path to take next, a strange voice begins to dominate all others, rooting me to the spot where I stood.  The voice in my head has my literal voice quieted for now, as flickering ears and quizzical, dark eyes watch as he  wills his coat into the mirrored image of my own.  I'll admit I'm rather glad the voice had me stay put now, having seen what curiosities the tiny colt was capable of performing.

At first I open my mouth to tell him that I am not his mother, only the possibility of a friend.  But quickly my mouth snaps shut, thinking the better of it.  Perhaps that would be a truth to share with him another day.  For now, I think I'd like to spend some more time with him.

"Precious boy," I say silkily, taking a step closer to where he lays upon the ground, "I would like it no matter what color you were, from the darkest black to the brightest white and everywhere in between." Dropping my head, I breathe deeply the scent of him while nibbling gently at his small face.  The scent of my nightmare is there prevalent, mixed with others I am unware of.  My usual wide grin emerges, though the voids of my eyes remain a softened black, "No wonder the giants are bickering, if the creeper is about wreaking havoc again.  Can you hear their voices of misery, my precious boy?"

@[Kreep] soo Jack is a bit more motherly than I had expected her to be. Who knew? Also, they will be super cute!

Messages In This Thread
    God called in sick today [Any] - by Kreep - 05-20-2018, 10:46 AM
    RE: God called in sick today [Any] - by Jackel - 05-20-2018, 10:21 PM
    RE: God called in sick today [Any] - by Kreep - 05-21-2018, 11:20 AM
    RE: God called in sick today [Any] - by Jackel - 05-22-2018, 06:46 PM
    RE: God called in sick today [Any] - by Kreep - 05-22-2018, 08:02 PM
    RE: God called in sick today [Any] - by Jackel - 05-27-2018, 04:55 PM
    RE: God called in sick today [Any] - by Kreep - 05-27-2018, 09:10 PM