• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

my words are unerring tools of destruction; Wolfbane

Wolfbane

Wolfbane is always running.

Being the youngest will do that to a soul. You watch, day in and day out, as your elder siblings achieve their goals and garner praise from your parents before you’ve even been given the chance yourself. Bane had perpetually felt that when his time to shine did come ‘round, it had never been enough. His parents had already been there, seen that.

And so, he’d started running just to try and keep pace with the others.

He worked hard, enjoyed the feeling of achieving something on his own without anyone else to tear it down. Valensia and Gansey were similarly aged and so, it seemed that they’d become preoccupied with entertaining each other. Wildling was … well, Wildling. Sometimes too rough for Wolfbane’s liking and always moving onto the next, best thing. As an effect to this, Bane's solitary nature became his armor, and it shone through his childlike exterior as Gansey felt moved to comfort his brother.

He was a big kid now, he could take care of himself, right? “Fatter than me, you mean.” Bane retorts, snapping his teeth together with an audible click when he snakes his nose out to mockingly bite at Gansey’s cheek. The grullo is too quick for measure, and far too good at working the younger boy out of his shell. The duo spar good-naturedly and where once there was gloomy tension, soon a relaxed feeling of comfort sinks in. Wolfbane couldn’t mourn the loss of a father he once loved so much - not when he was still living, and certainly not when had the support of a brother like this one.

He’s never told his older sibling this, but he’s always been glad Mother picked up Gansey that fateful day. If he’d been given the choice, Bane doubts he could’ve picked better.

“No kidding?” the blue-and-gold boy huffs, once their mock has reached its finality (Gansey wins, of course, he always does.) “Couldn’t have been the elation from my impending birth, could it have been?” He chuckles. If it was, his silver brother could thank him later. “Really, though. I appreciate the encouragement.”

His lips are dry; the cavern in his chest turns his throat to dust.

“I can’t get very far these days. Mostly just a safe hop to and from the common lands, ya know.” Wolfbane shrugs, “But someday,” He says, and his voice drops an audible octave, “someday I’ll push myself so hard and so far that I’ll forget this place even exists.”

@[Gansey]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: my words are unerring tools of destruction; Wolfbane - by Wolfbane - 04-29-2018, 09:01 PM