• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sabra girl, clouding my view - Any
    Kwartz had left with them, that final look of betrayal he'd given her was salt on an already stinging wound. Modicum had wasted no time in his minions, once she relinquished her throne. It sank in quickly. She was the sole reason evil had a hoofhold in Beqanna once again. 

She did not feel safe. She did not feel secure. Kwartz would be safe, she could at least ensure that. Tears pricked the corners of her eyes as she watched her beautiful, precious son walk away. Breathes came faster and thinner until the glimmering woman felt light headed and dizzy. She had to go, she had to get away, she had to...to...to...?!

Running, she was running. She could barely feel her feet, her face, gods knew she wished she couldn't feel her heart. She had failed, in every sense of the word. Failed her kingdom, failed her son, failed herself. What did she have left? Trees flew by as she covered ground, gold shifting to shades of green. Her wings hung by her sides, feathers snagging on brush as she went. Pain was real. It was something she could control. The trail of blue and pink feathers were proof she existed. Right now, that proof was needed. 

She couldn't run anymore. Literally, she was on the ground, staring at the sky through lattice branches. Bloody knees were evidence of where she had fallen. She had fallen? She must have, she was on the ground. Water moved nearby, loud and insistent. She was thirsty... how long had she been lying her? Was it worth it the effort to stand? "What have I done...?" The whisper edged out, almost without breath. 

The sun moved across the sky as she lay there, counting off the seconds of her life as it went. Voices of her past leaked through the stupor her brain shrouded her in. Her mother, telling her repeatedly that she deserved better, to not settle for anything less. Her first love, Arik, reminding her that she was stronger than she looked. That she was worth love, real love. Kwartz, who adored her unconditionally, even when she didn't deserve it...

How, she didn't know, but she made it to the river's edge. Drank enough to sustain life. She had to make a choice. Arik was waiting for her on the other side of the veil. He would welcome her, if she chose to meet him. Her mother's teachings broke through, however, chiding her against the mistakes of the past. She had strength to her. It was the core of her being. Survival and success, and the determination that underscored the basis of her existence. She could recover. She had to. The river carried things away. Perhaps it would carry the past.

Messages In This Thread
    Sabra girl, clouding my view - Any - by Sabra - 04-15-2018, 12:08 AM
    RE: Sabra girl, clouding my view - Any - by Ilma - 04-15-2018, 05:25 AM
    RE: Sabra girl, clouding my view - Any - by Sabra - 04-16-2018, 11:33 AM
    RE: Sabra girl, clouding my view - Any - by Ilma - 04-16-2018, 12:07 PM