• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I lock myself inside these walls, cause out there I'm always wrong. [Scorch//Any]
    A little, pesky sliver of uneasiness still dwells in her mind as the conversation moves on.  The speak of the fae of Beqanna leaves Breckin feeling rather unsettled, but at least the feeling is starting to diminish.  And it dwindles closer to nothingness as Scorch is eager to offer an answer to the leopard mare’s latest question.  Although it is not quite the answer she was expecting.  In response, her gaze narrows in contemplation while her ears swivel to a more alert position.  To be frank, she was half-expecting for the bare woman to tell her that she herself was the current ruler of Nerine.  But this is not the first time that Breckin has been wrong.  It is just that the way the mare beside her seemed to exude pride and diplomacy for her home that would have led her to believe that she was the Queen.  Only a moment later does Scorch relinquish the information that she is the Queen’s second, and this information makes perfect sense to Breckin now. The spotted mare is also quick to make a mental note of Queen Hestia’s description, should she ever have the need to seek her out someday.

“Have you ever been a ruler?” , she hears herself ask Scorch yet another question.  Hopefully she wasn’t beginning to regret offering Breckin the chance to ask her any questions she may have.
    An inquiry sent Breckin’s way has her head tilting sideways in quiet contemplation.  Truly this was nothing she has ever been asked to consider before and so she thinks carefully before she offers a response.  Though she knows she has had to defend herself in the recent past, the spotted mare cannot say for certain what type of caste she would be better suited for.  However that would not stop her from making an educated guess.

“As of now, I would believe I would be best suited for the caste of peace.”  She draws her gaze back to meet Scorch’s, having only recently found particular interest in a nearby shrub as she had formulated her response internally.  Again, she smiles crookedly at her friend, “But that is simply a guess.  Hopefully if I should return to call Nerine home, I can offer something to the kingdom.  Be it by growing as an individual or perhaps establishing some ties with other people or kingdoms.  Maybe both,” she concludes with an upturn shrug of her shoulder.

The woman new the itch to wander was growing larger and that the time to move on to another terra was drawing near so it is then that she turns to Scorch with a new fondness in her brown eyes.   “I appreciate your willingness to satiate my thirst for knowledge, Scorch, and to welcome me to you beautiful home.  I believe it is time for me to move along though and study the rest of Beqanna.  Do you have any suggestions on where to start?”

@[Scorch]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I lock myself inside these walls, cause out there I'm always wrong. [Scorch//Any] - by Breckin - 04-03-2018, 03:42 PM