• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

She did not often frequent the beaches, other than when Mina brought her there to show her some new oddity or beauty. And those times were growing less and less as her daughter grew and matured; but every time the pair do go on another little adventure of such a whimsical kind, Scorch always cherishes the moments. Her other children have grown up, grown old, died, had children, and those children had children; her life has been long, twice over in fact, and this time around, she intended to appreciate the little things.

So, although Mina was not there today to guide her to the glimmering ocean, Scorch went.

Beneath her hooves, the sparse grass transitioned gradually into dry sand, and then to wet. The Amazonian allowed her powerful legs to carry her just to the water's edge, where the wintery waves could lap at her bare ankles.

Hey. An unfamiliar voice - or, no, not that, just one that hasn't spoken to her yet.
    Hello... I trust you know who I am. Who are you?
    Myrina.
    Ah, sister, so good to hear from you... How are you faring?
    You remember what it's like here, no need to pretend like you don't. Anyway, I miss you.
    I miss you too, sister.
    Scorch, there's something else --
    You can tell me anything Myrina, you know that.
    My daughter. She's nearby. Tell her... Tell her I'm proud of her.

The ghost-whisperer glanced down the coastline, and caught sight of an approaching figure, black and white, just like her grandmother, Scorch's faux-mother. A wry, bittersweet smile came to her lips.
    Y'know, this is a lot easier than bringing you all the way back like I did with Echion. You remember, right?
    Of course I do.
    But... I'm still sorry that I can't this time. Bring you back, I mean.
    It's fine, sister. Just tell her my words.
    Of course. I'll be in touch.

Nayl was coming then, and her resemblance to Echion left Scorch a little sick to her stomach; but with a reminder of how desperately she had missed that same mare when she died, Scorch pushed through the queasiness and turned, making her way down the coast.

"It's been some time, Nayl." She called across a reasonable distance, taking long strides until she stood before the mare. For a split second, Scorch was motionless, holding the tobiano's gaze; then, her head lowered. A nod of respect. "Welcome back, sister." For they were then, and by the blazing pain on her chest where a rose once bloomed, they still are.

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

@[Aeris]
    ...If you hate this and me and I have overstepped my bounds, LET ME KNOW.
    Also, I feel like this is now a private thread. <3
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Nayl - 03-08-2018, 10:21 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Scorch - 03-08-2018, 07:30 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Nayl - 03-29-2018, 08:43 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Scorch - 04-02-2018, 06:18 PM