• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

where the stolen roses grow - kagerus
    I am grazing quietly with the sunset to keep me company when I hear the flutter of wings and the gentle touch of hoof to earth. Wondering which feathered company has approached me today, I lift my shapely head from the earth, swallowing a last bite as Solace comes into view. I nicker, smiling at my friend and regent. She has done so much for Hyaline. I respect her so for it.

"Hello Solace," I chirp in reply to her uttering my name, walking to meet her. When the distance is closed between us, I reach out and press my muzzle to hers, exchanging warm breath and maybe a fond nibble or two. What can I say? I'm fond of the beautiful woman - that happens when you are both the only people answering the very frequently rung doorbell of Hyaline.

But, anyhow. There are more urgent things on my mind, and she speaks them, dampening my cheering sunset-mood with a good kick of anxiety. Stepping back from her, I cast my nutmeg eyes away, clearly uncomfortable in the spotlight, though she'll have no clue why. No clue why until I tell her... But secrets like mine are not exactly easily told.

"Uh, well, I guess so..." It's uncharacteristic of me to be so flippant, but I can't help it. I bite my bottom lip apprehensively, swishing my hoof through the grass as if the movement will make this interaction any less weird and awful. But she is my friend. And. And.

I can trust her.

I take a panicked inhale and then start speaking all at once, the words tumbling from me like an avalanche, my eyes latching on to hers as if she can save me from the crumbling mountain that rolls from my lips.

"I accidentally got pregnant and when the baby is born it's gunna kill me so yeah I guess if a mom should go to battle then I'm ready I mean I'm going to die anyway so --" I cut off the obnoxious rambling with another sharp inhale, biting my lip again as I stare at my queen. What on earth have  I done. "So..."
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    where the stolen roses grow - kagerus - by Solace - 03-07-2018, 04:51 PM
    RE: where the stolen roses grow - kagerus - by Kagerus - 03-07-2018, 07:43 PM