• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  love is a promise made of smoke [rapture]

He should have looked harder for her-  waited for her by the river for as long as it took. The stallion he should have been would have left Tephra to find her, paced the riverbank the way he paced along the ocean, he would have found her before years had passed.

Years.
    She could have children by now (little did he know that two of his own are currently developing, warm and fragile in their mother's wombs), she could have her own kingdom. All that doesn't matter- he tells himself rashly as her eyes meet his. The river has brought them together again, she had no father, lover, or child by her side now. 

The lightness he remembers is replaced by something which mimics his own unrest and he doesn't want to see that defeated look anymore - much less be the cause of it.

"You're sorry?" The question comes out with a surprised laugh as he strides forward to meet her in the shallows. "Don't steal my lines," he says, pressing his muzzle into her cheek, inhaling her wild, clean scent. Her hesitation is palpable, but it doesn't discourage him -  no stallions musk or kingdom signature clings to her skin, just the soft autumn breeze and sparkling river-water.

The last time felt this light was before Karaugh, before his father took the throne and he had all the expectations of a King placed on his broad shoulders.

He knows he should pull his face away, that he has overstepped the greeting of friends as his pale muzzle drags across her jawline and he dims the flames along his crest so they will not cause her discomfort. He wonders if she understands her power, this gentle woman; her closeness his a warm, honey serum spreading through his bloodstream - he would tell her of her power someday if she would let him. 

Regardless of his shaky feelings, if she pulled away from him he would stay where he stood, he would not pressure her - and when he speaks his voice is low and encouraging in a way which surprises him. "I don't want you to be sorry, Rapture. Can you say you've missed me, or have I got it all wrong?"

Because I missed you, and maybe it's a mistake that I'm not saying it now. 

Levi
    so scream you, out from behind the bitter ache.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: love is a promise made of smoke [rapture] - by Levi - 02-19-2018, 04:48 PM