• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

krigare;
    The anxiety of their reunion isn’t enough to sustain the shift. His adrenaline isn’t enough poison to keep the monster surfaced. Its tail sweeps once, twice, slamming against trees hard enough to hear groans echo through the forest. One of the trees, smaller than the other, collapses with a heavy scream.

Before Castile’s mismatched eyes can even find Krigare or take interest in anyone, his body crumbles and reverts. The monochromatic scales recede beneath a coat of hair and the precarious talons mold into hooves. Normalcy, or at least the closest thing to it, envelopes Castile, but his eyes shut tightly together even moments after his body has returned as a horse. Fear stabs into him and shrinks him a few steps away from Krigare when he finally opens his eyes.

Silence impregnates the area between them, but by the stallion’s expression Castile already knows. The immediate ache of his muscles confirms the assumption. ”I…” he isn’t sure what to say, what could remotely improve his case or this situation. ”I went into hiding after our battle and after I met someone that spurred that full shift for the first time in my life,” honestly pours from his mouth unwarranted as though this would be consolation that he isn’t a monster, not truly at heart – he hopes. ”I don’t know what I do when I shift,” he looks to his right to see the freshly-downed tree, blinking in confusion before looking at Krigare again, ”I have no memory. It’s like I’m completely consumed when it happens, like I’m no longer myself…”

How does this even sound? How can he be trusted by anyone when he can’t even control himself?

A full-bodied sigh escapes through him as he levels his softened gaze on Krigare. ”I really just wanted to apologize. I didn’t mean to cause so much harm…”

@[Krigare]

Messages In This Thread
    krigare; - by Castile - 01-25-2018, 11:39 AM
    RE: krigare; - by Krigare - 01-26-2018, 09:05 PM
    RE: krigare; - by Castile - 01-29-2018, 10:07 AM