• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

keep a little fire burning; provoke, any

provoke

The stoney boney lump had a face.

And he was huge. And when he speaks, she tilts her head - her massive eyes are bulging and her ears are flopping around her head ingloriously. She opens her mouth, and then closes it again, and then promptly sits down. Her wet butt was cold, and sitting on it would provide some warmth - even if she did look incredibly silly doing it.

And then, she finally decides to speak - the babbling brook behind her forgotten as she moves her head, her eyes rolling all over his body, looking at all the stoney bonies. Her fear is forgotten - in the way that distracted children do, and she is full off questions.

"Grass? How can you be picky about grass? And you don't bother trying to eat berries? I like berries. My mother says I shouldn't have berries because they are supposed to be dessert, and because they stain but there was this one time I ate some and she had NO idea. I was neat. I didn't make a mess." She smiles up at him.

"Did you know you look funny? What's it like to have stoney boners all the time? Is it uncomfortable? Is it heavy? Where do you come from? Were you born here? Where do you live? Do you like me?"

She just keeps talking, no sense of a breath in sight. She stands up, fluttering her little purple tail. "I'm Provoke." She peels back her lips, and smiles big and innocently at him.

It did not occur to her in the least that she might be annoying. She's a baby.

She was bloody fucking adorable.

» death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily «

HTML by Pride88 and Laura Photo source:here

Messages In This Thread
    RE: keep a little fire burning; provoke, any - by Provoke - 12-18-2017, 01:47 AM