• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a flower waiting to bloom - Circinae

-Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me-

It’d been her last intention to scorn the girl, or make her feel unwanted. Circinae still remembers how she had felt when Gryffen had come for Taiga; a bit confused, mostly angry. Who was he, to just come into a place she’d made her home and call himself “The King”? Oh, even now the thought serves to make her blood boil, her adrenaline rush.

But, the situation had turned out to be a slingshot for future opportunities. Gryffen had drawn her back into herself and sent her careening among the stars, where Amet had plucked her ripely from the vine and situated a title on her narrow shoulders. Circinae had been devoted and single-minded ever since. Now she treads with confidence through the tangle of Ischian growth, a grim sort of look settled onto her features as she sniffs out the trail left behind by Kylin.

Opportunity comes to those who look for it; she’ll give Kylin this chance to open up but Circinae cannot ignore the needs of her people in favor of one brokenhearted mare. Perhaps, soon enough, Kylin will come to see her claim as something beneficial, rather than a disastrous happenstance. After all, it was her former Keeper who’d been the one to abandon hope for this place, not Ischia’s herself, or Circinae. Not even Kylin, obviously.

The murmuring splash of water brings Circinae around to the present. Halting, she raises a bright green head above the low-growing flora and peers out with curiosity to where Kylin treads water - just an attractive purple head. “Don’t swim away now, I come in peace - and alone.” Circy calls out, pushing past the few clumps of overgrown weeds so that she could stand on the pristine shore. “It’s lovely here. Does it have a name?” She asks, nodding in the direction of the pond.

For now, she’s content to ask simple questions.

Circinae

@[Kylin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Like a flower waiting to bloom - Circinae - by Circinae - 11-07-2017, 05:18 PM
    RE: Like a flower waiting to bloom - Circinae - by Circinae - 11-14-2017, 05:28 PM
    RE: Like a flower waiting to bloom - Circinae - by Circinae - 11-22-2017, 10:58 AM