• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  do you feel like a young god? sakir
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

You didn't beg her to stay! You watched her go.

Amet's heart shatters at Sakir's choleric accusation, his own mouth threatening to spit back So did you! but he holds his tongue, still so hopeful that he will be able to redeem his relationship with his siblings. The discord between them is hot and new, usually reserved for himself and Iset, but the dragon-scaled King works on finding a way to calm his heart and the blood that pumps through him with ferocity. His amber eyes watch the way Sakir calms, his chest heaving slowly and deeply, and he remembers the way his younger brother would settle Iset whenever she got too heated.

Amet mirrors his brother - inhale exhale inhale exhale.

He readily admits to his own mistakes, forsaking his pride for the brotherly love he has come to yearn for. He can't remember the last time he had seen Sakir smile, and he doubts that this conversation will encourage that type of response from his younger brother. Perhaps, in time, they will all find happiness again. "I can't imagine how you're feeling, Sakir," he offers quietly as the boy with dull, dirty scales admits his own change. Iset's absence had wreaked havoc of Amet's mind and demeanor, but she and Sakir had been inseparable in their youth, and now... Amet frowns deeper as he nickers quietly to his brother. "I will get her back for you, Sakir. It feels so wrong, to see you without her."

They are silent for a time, Amet's amber eyes moving from his brother and to the dusty rays of sun that peak through the branches here and they. They afford minimal light to the underbrush, instead offering only a few beams of floating dust particles. Slowly, the Dragon King's gaze returns to Sakir just as his brother's eyes turn to the forest floor. The comment on his appearance would seem misplaced if Amet didn't know that it was a roundabout way to confess that Sakir had once wanted to be like Amet - the leather-plated stallion is unsure whether or not that is still the case, though he refuses to ask in a situation such as this.

"You could be happy there, with her. Despite the bad..." his throat catches, prompts a sigh from the gilded stallion, "I understand. But I do believe this place is worth it, Sakir. I believe that you and Iset can be happy here, too. And I won't rest until you are."
    Amet

@[Sakir] ♥ I love them!

Messages In This Thread
    do you feel like a young god? sakir - by Amet - 09-25-2017, 04:32 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? sakir - by Amet - 09-26-2017, 02:00 PM
    RE: do you feel like a young god? sakir - by Amet - 09-30-2017, 11:13 AM