• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

look what you made me do - anyone
    It is colder than it was back home.

No, not home anymore, I remind myself.

Sylva.

This is home now, this cold grey land with its grey sand and grey sky and grey sea.

I stand on the shoreline, sheltered from the wind by a curve in the granite cliffs and from the drizzling rain by the slightest of overhangs. It's not quite a cave of my own, but it is better than staying under Mother's watchful eye. Out here, I can do whatever I want.

Whatever I want seems to be looking out at the whitecapped sea, because there is literally nothing else to do here. Mother had not exactly promised us adventure, but I had hoped that this new land would be as splendid as our old one. Instead it is dull and grey and I am completely and utterly bored.

I scuff one pale hoof into the damp sand, heaving a sigh that moves my entire body. I stand out starkly against the iron grey kingdom, a leggy white yearling with only a crooked mask of color across my face. I hope - halfheartedly - that someone will come and find me and give me something to do:

Messages In This Thread
    look what you made me do - anyone - by Starlin - 09-13-2017, 12:40 PM
    RE: look what you made me do - anyone - by wrena - 09-20-2017, 11:58 AM