• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I will never be your hothouse flower - any
    In reality, Aten should've had more common sense before asking the question. Why wouldn't the mare have been born a Beqanna native? He wasn't trying to stereotype, but he doubted that horses with a feature like hers, or others, like those who possessed wings and horns, could be found anywhere outside Beqanna. He even briefly remembered how his dam used to tell him stories of the outside world before she got here, and not once had the mentioned of a winged horse ever come up.

Aten felt a bit disheartened, knowing he'd made a mistake like that. Really, how hard could it have been to deduce that Giohde was from here? The golden stallion listened quietly to the mare as she continued speaking, talking of her mother before saying that Giohde herself had decided that a wanderer life wasn't for her.

"So tell me, my friend, what brought you to Taiga? Were you born there? Or simple a quick of fate?"

Okay, now hopefully Aten could recover what he just lost.

"Well, I was actually born before the Reckoning. My dam and siblings lived in a kingdom called the Falls. Then, when everything changed, I was separated from her. My sister cared for me, but I left when I was old enough to be on my own."

A bit of a white lie; he'd wanted to stay with Sirana for a while, but her herd stallion had kicked him out instead. Aten had been forced to begin the life of a bachelor when he was a yearling.

"I was a wanderer for a while as well. I'd heard a great number of things about the Taiga, and so I decided to go and see its wonders for myself. Let's just say, I wasn't disappointed," he told her with a grin. "Perhaps there are other beautiful kingdoms out there, but I found my home in the Taiga and I am very glad that I did."

He turned to look at the mare again, "Actually, I think you would like to see it as well. I make trips to the Field as often as I can to see if I can find any other horses looking for a home. Whether you are or not, I think that you would enjoy seeing the kingdom I come from. And if you are looking for a home, I am certain that Ruan, the leader, would welcome you.

"Would you like to come and see the Taiga for yourself?" he questioned, looking at her patiently.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I will never be your hothouse flower - any - by Aten - 06-23-2017, 10:38 AM