• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Aten
    He waited, watching as Aten considered the question from every angle. He liked that about him, the way the golden stallion observed and analyzed every outcome before making a choice. He could practically see the thoughts running through behind the boy's eyes, and he almost smiled. Maybe in another life, his son would have been much the same.

Ruan listened carefully as Aten spoke, nodding silently in agreement that he would grow in experience as he ages.

"So, while the offer is a generous one, I will decline it. I would rather remain where I am comfortable, which is here, in the Taiga." A small smile tightened the corner of Ruan's mouth, deeply pleased to hear this response and somehow also proud. He was glad Aten had found the Taiga, and was glad he wouldn't be leaving, even to the enticement of a promise of training.

"That's good to hear. I'm glad you'll be staying," he told him sincerely. His ice-blue eyes drifted down to the little teal glass filly again, quietly pensive for a few moments. He'd shared things with Aten that he hadn't shared with anyone before. He felt there was a trust between them, almost a mutual understanding of some kind. And he cherished it. He also knew Aten wouldn't repeat the things he told him, the things that were between the two of them. Trust. And loyalty.

Aten was perfect for the Taiga.

"I should rest before she wakes again. She has the terrible habit of starting the day before sunrise," he smirked, his eyes lifting to Aten once more. "We'll talk again soon, Aten." He didn't say it aloud, but it was there in the soft of his gaze: Thanks for talking with me.

Sorry for the wait, yet again <3 Figured we could end this one and continue their more current threads! (Which I'll try to get to tomorrow!)

Messages In This Thread
    Aten - by Ruan - 06-02-2017, 01:55 AM
    RE: any - by Aten - 06-02-2017, 09:17 PM
    RE: any - by Ruan - 06-07-2017, 12:42 PM
    RE: any - by Aten - 06-07-2017, 09:34 PM
    RE: any - by Ruan - 06-15-2017, 09:34 PM
    RE: Aten - by Aten - 06-16-2017, 12:33 PM
    RE: Aten - by Ruan - 06-21-2017, 01:00 AM
    RE: Aten - by QHQueen1818 - 06-21-2017, 01:42 AM