• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i'm waking up, i feel it in my bones; any.

Delicate things are pretty - cute, even,
    but you are not delicate.
    You are wild and lewd and unpredictable.
    You are breathtaking.
    You are beautiful.

The forest makes much more sense. I should have guessed, especially given the way he continues to shrink from me. Shifting away so much he lands with a thump upon the grass, his bum tucked up under him in what looks to be the most uncomfortable manner. I lift my head abruptly, eyes flying wide at the sudden way in which he plops upon the ground in such an inelegant way.

For a moment, I simply stare at him, smile frozen upon my lips. I’m really just not quite sure what to make of this fellow. He seems nice enough, friendly. But he also seems to want nothing to do with me. Tilting my head, I consider him for a moment before a low, ‘hmm’ vibrates past my lips. “The forest. Oh yes, that definitely make more sense.”

But then, just as I have gotten the words past my lips, he does something entirely and completely unexpected. He farts. Right there. In the middle of the conversation. And then, he proceeds to act as though it had not happened.

My mouth falls open as I stare at him, entirely unknown to me. When I realize I am gaping, I snap it shut. And then I do something even worse. Something that can surely only compound the situation. I giggle.

The first laugh escapes my lips entirely unexpectedly. If I’d had hands, I would have clapped them over my mouth. As it is, I clamp my lips tightly shut, doing my very best to hide the sudden mirth lighting my odd gaze. But it simply is not enough. Soon I am nearly hunched over, unable to contain the giggles that are determined to spew from my mouth.

I mean, you have to admit, it is rather hilarious.

Finally, gasping, I manage to gain control of myself. Tears in my eyes, I puff a halting apology. “I… am so… sorry. But that… was just too… funny.”

Then, swinging my butt around, I plop down next to him in perhaps the most graceless manner I have ever used. It’s awkward and a bit uncomfortable, but even that cannot force me to contain the grin that now splits my features. Looking at him, I finally exclaim, “I think you and I are going to be great friends, Thiago.”

Giohde

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm waking up, i feel it in my bones; any. - by Giohde - 06-20-2017, 09:03 PM