• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Oh look, a quest!
    Name and physical description of your character
    - Syl is a hybrid mare, through and through. The most recent injections of pure blood into her family history (which was a few generations ago), were Falabella, Friesian, Shetland and Anglo-Arabian. So I sort of imagine her as a finer boned, short friesian without the feathering (she's only 14 hh). She's not terribly powerfully built, because she did have to spent her younger years scrounging to survive. Because of this huge mix in heritage I don't imagine her as being particularly pretty, but because ~*~*magic*~*~ she's not a huge mess conformation wise like some hybrid can be. Her eyes are an ordinary brown, and her coat is black tobiano, with a pattern that looks something like this http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/0...39mwu0.jpg (the important part is the dark head, other parts of the pattern could be subject to change, obviously she doesn't look like the horse in the picture other than the coat xD). She doesn't have any particular scars or anything, but hey, maybe after this quest that could change. xD

Where your character is and what she is doing when, as per quest-usual, she gets plucked out of her ordinary life by some magical being and thrown into adventure
    - Well, I know it hasn't officially happened yet, but since it will, and I'd like to have her time line make sense, this will happen after she's gone home with Kreios to Orange Country. I'll say she's exploring the canyons in Orange County when she gets whisked away - she finds a cave in one of the canyons, and is just going in to investigate.

Tell me a little bit about your character. A little about her personality, her history, significant influences, whatever you think is important.
    - Syl was born in the meadow to Sand, daughter of Kars and Elite. Sand was looked down upon by her parents for not being special (no traits or colours), and when she saw that her daughter (that she'd had with Azriel, then king of the Valley), was also not special, she abandoned her, but not before ranting to her about their 'glorious' family history. Young Syl was horrified by what she heard and left Beqanna immediately and spent a great many years roaming the lands outside of Beqanna without any particular intent in mind. She heard more rumours about her family during that time, especially about the massacre that Elite instigated and generally became disgusted with her family. Despite her disgust towards her family, she gradually began to feel a pull back towards the land where she was born and eventually she gave in and made her way to the field. She's particularly terrified of someone figuring out that she is the granddaughter of Elite, and associating her with all of those tragedies (never mind the fact that she had nothing to do with them, lol), and will do her best to never go to the Valley. In the field she met (and is currently talking to, technically), Kreios, who is both a part of the Deserts, and the lead stallion of Orange Country. He has offered her a home in his herd land, and she will join his herd in the next post or two, which is why I would like this to happen after she has gone there, time-line wise, just to not cause confusion. She is nursing the tiniest crush on him at the moment, and thinks he's handsome. Personality wise she's a little unsure of herself and self-conscious, but I think once she's tested, she will start showing some hidden steel. She has more strength than she thinks she does. xD If she does end up getting something in this quest she will be terribly conflicted about it, since she will associate it with 'special-ness' and therefore with her mother and her grandmother. Part of her will be happy that she is finally special, but part of her will be horrified to have become potentially more similar to her grandmother.
    - Here's a link to her thread with Kreios. http://beqanna.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1653

Your three favorite colors.
    - Blue (especially deep, bright blues, like royal blue or cobalt blue), Purple (again, deeper, bright purples, like royal purple or even violet, which yes I know is in-between blue and purple :| ) and darker greens.

Go roll the baby stat generator and give me the first number.

Messages In This Thread
    Oh look, a quest! - by Grumblesnakes - 06-17-2015, 05:19 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! - by Erebor - 06-17-2015, 06:12 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! - by devin - 06-17-2015, 06:15 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! - by Grumblesnakes - 06-17-2015, 06:18 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! - by Syl - 06-17-2015, 06:33 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! - by erling - 06-17-2015, 08:40 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! - by Sinder - 06-17-2015, 09:08 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! - by Speck - 06-17-2015, 09:18 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! - by Dagny and Olivier - 06-17-2015, 09:21 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! - by munroe - 06-17-2015, 11:49 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! - by Engelsfors - 06-18-2015, 01:07 AM