• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

kerberos
    kharon
    Dad said no. Any other girl, but not Kylin.

It weighed down his shoulders, sat so heavily on his back. His wings drooped to the ground a moment before he forced them to slowly lift and tucked them back in. He didn't want to look like a sulking child in front of his father, even if he suddenly felt so down and depressed, his gut soured. There had to be a way around it, though, right? There had to be a way for it to be okay.

"You shouldn't touch Ky like that, same as I shouldn't because she's my daughter."

He bristled and stiffened. He definitely didn't want Dad to touch her the way he does. Jealousy, or maybe he was territorial. It was wrong for Dad because Kylin was his, not Dad's. He wouldn't take her from Kharon, would he? But no, that was stupid. Dad didn't want her the way he did. Dad liked her like... like. Family.

Ugh, and his shoulders slumped all over again, because he was supposed to like her like family, too. Only family. What if it was love though? Like, real love. Shouldn't that count? Shouldn't that be more important than stupid blood or whatever. God, this sucked. So stupid. The whole line of his body was wilted and miserable. Why'd he have to get caught watching her? Then maybe none of this would have happened and he could still.. do whatever.

Dad was talking again. Minerva, he remembered her. He'd met her briefly but he hadn't known she was.. a sister. She hadn't told him that, maybe they'd split ways before she could or something. And her mom was Dad's grandmother. Kharon almost got hopeful for a minute, because see? Dad ignored blood ties too. But the way he said everything made it sound bad, and that he regretted it, and Kharon was fairly certain his young face was probably stuck in a permanent, hopeless grimace.

Then the invasion. Those strangers that swept in like they owned the place to tear apart their home and family. He tensed again and his eyes hardened, though he kept them firmly on the ground, stiff and reluctant to meet Father's eyes. Except those strangers hadn't been strangers at all. That had been Dad's family! All those purpled idiots were related to them!? No. No, he wouldn't accept it. He was NOTHING like them. And the way he said "Dad" certainly didn't sound like how Kharon said it. Apparently, Father wasn't too pleased with his dad's choice of brides either, and it was clear what he meant.

His grandfather. His grandfather tried to steal their home and fucks whoever he wants.

He was still glaring when Father lowered to catch his eye. He didn't want to glare at his dad, but it seemed neatly stuck there with all the bitter emotions tumbling through him. "I'm nothing like him!" he spat instantly. Then he looked immediately stricken, and glanced away again. Because maybe he was a little like him. He wanted Kylin, didn't he? Tears glimmered in his eyes again and he felt sick. He was awful, he was gross. Even his gift was wrong and hurt people. He was bad, just like he thought on his first day of life, even. He was terrible, a mistake.

His heart suddenly felt so raw and shredded, tender meat through a grinder, and he swallowed against a sob, still trying to hide his face from his dad. A tremble started in his legs and he wondered... if maybe he should leave. Really leave. Maybe he should save them all from himself like Father said and get away from their island. Maybe he should find other millions of girls like Dad said. Without Kylin. Without any of them. Maybe they were better off without him. Maybe they wouldn't even miss him.

"And I think it would be good for her to meet some more boys, without you."

He flinched and his eyes flew to Father's again. "Dad!" Somehow shocked by this last part. And hurt. God, it hurt so badly. Without him. Kylin without him. Other boys. Other boys without him?

He wilted again, crying openly now. "Everything hurts," he whispered. He trusted Father knew what was best, but why did it hurt so bad? Why did she feel right and this feel so wrong and painful? He didn't want to be like his grandfather though. Nothing like him, not from what he'd seen of him. But Kylin. His head shook and more tears slipped down his lavender cheek. "I don't understand," he admitted. He couldn't bear the thought of losing her. Right and wrong was so hard to find, would he ever figure it out? "It hurts so bad. I don't want to stop. She loves me. I don't want to stop.." he said thickly, his voice trailing off.

Maybe he should leave. Maybe he should get away for a while. Could he even survive without Kylin there with him? Maybe it was better for her if he was gone. Like Father said, maybe he should be protecting her from himself. Protecting all of them.
    Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

Messages In This Thread
    kerberos - by Kharon - 05-17-2017, 11:44 PM
    RE: kerberos - by Kerberos - 05-21-2017, 12:13 PM
    RE: kerberos - by Kharon - 05-26-2017, 10:33 AM
    RE: kerberos - by Kerberos - 06-04-2017, 01:35 PM
    RE: kerberos - by Kharon - 06-09-2017, 01:15 PM
    RE: kerberos - by Kerberos - 06-09-2017, 01:58 PM
    RE: kerberos - by Kharon - 06-09-2017, 08:24 PM