• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Show them the joy and the pain and the ending (Illum)

show them the joy and the pain and the ending

The sun is stretching slowly towards the horizon, casting a warm, reddish glow onto the blue and white mare that stands quietly near the edges of the lapping waves. Her blue gaze, distant and unfocused, stares out at the expanse of gold-tinged water that ripples before her.

She can’t find him. Her twin, Illum. It has been months now, months in which she has grown increasingly more worried in her inability to find him. His sight is as nearly familiar to her as her own, but there has been simply… nothing.

Perhaps she had been overly distracted by her children, but that is no excuse. She should have known.

Until, suddenly, there he is. A sigh of relief escapes her, but it is a relief that does not last. He is there, but he is… different. There is something wrong. Terribly wrong.

It takes her but a moment to discover where he is. With a spray of sand, she is flying through her home, no thought in her head but that she needed to get to him. It takes what seems forever to reach him, and by the time she had reached the forest, reached its inner depths, her dark coat is slick with sweat, her breath coming in harsh, ragged gasps.

And then he is there before her, black and white form so achingly familiar, so achingly dear. ”Illum,” she breaths, her feet abruptly hesitant as she steps nearer. She wants nothing more than to pull him to her, to smother him in an embrace. But she dares not. She dares not because something is terribly, terribly wrong.

heartfire

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

picture c Petrova Julia.N

@[jenger] Hopefully this works? I kept in a bit vague, but let me know if I should change anything <33

Messages In This Thread
    Show them the joy and the pain and the ending (Illum) - by Heartfire - 04-26-2017, 01:33 PM