• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

on and on we go; sabrael, wallace, vida, any
    After a quick little chat with Lacey and Reilly, we decided to move the family back to Ischia. Feels like a risky move so soon after dear old dad staked his claim on the place, but it’s deserted and fuck it, it’s home. I cut and run pretty fast, needed to get my kids out of the line of fire, but...well, I’m starting to feel like maybe I should’ve fought a bit harder for home. Not that I regret protecting the kids. I’d do that again. But...whatever, there’s another chance for my kids to grow up surrounded by the water they love, for us to live on and...and maybe take care of that lovely little island. So. Back we go.

But because we’re not stupid enough to think it’ll be easy, and because having allies is a damn good thing...and because apparently Lacey gives a shit about her, or is at least vaguely fond-ish which is close enough, I gave her my word I’d go hunt down her one-time queen, and pass along the information. Invite her to join us in our hopefully triumphant return home. Or whatever. Numbers are a good thing, especially when ours weren’t actually enough to fight off my asshat of a dad. So. Off to the Meadow I go, which is after all the most logical place to regroup after being effectively driven out of their home.

It takes some searching, but I recognize Ea from the other day’s clusterfuckery and I finally manage to track her down. And when I do, I saunter on over, giving her a nice slow once-over and grinning. “Heeeeyyyy. Ea, right? Kirby. Lacey’s…” Huh. Well I have no idea how to finish that sentence. “Uhhhh. Lacey’s sporadic fuck buddy, doting baby daddy, weird new family, I don’t know. Lacey’s something. I also have the dubious pleasure of calling Kirin my sire. I settled my family, Lacey and Reilly and the kids, in at this sweet lake not terribly far from here, up in the mountains. Went back to Ischia to make sure we were at least relatively safe from Daddy Dearest, yeah? Place is deserted. We’re moving back. I told Lacey I’d pass the news along so she could head that-a-way and get there sooner. Though probably not sooner than I will, 'cause, you know, pregnant. Anyhowww. You and yours are welcome to join us. What with it being your home too and all.”
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: on and on we go; sabrael, wallace, vida, any - by Kerberos - 04-12-2017, 10:24 PM