• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

new mercies in the morning [pollock]
    She is too soft for this world. Mother always said so. 

Was he always so kind, he is so kind. He really is and those doe eyes of hers look at him for more happiness. Anything that he would feed her, only to fill that empty gullet, to make her useful or important.

She could be somebody here. She knew it, he had said so.
    It needed her, it was hungry.

Ohio watches him carefully, thirsty like a man who had not seen drink for weeks. He could run her cup over for all she cared because his words were liquid honey and they tasted so very sweet to her ears.

Her stained knee trembles and her naive mind fills with questions. “It is? How silly but I suppose I know what you mean.” She did not know, not at all the poor dear. She laughed though, at that silly statement, the oddity of it and how her mind had made it seem not so strange at all. This was fun, he was fun and she was sure she would like it here. Ohio looks up, first tracing the curve of the magnificent horns that curved over his brow, then she seeks his eyes. They are sad.

They really do need me.

She is breathless, flattered because he hurts for his land.(He must) She will make it better though, she can feed the land, they can grow it. “Don’t worry, it’s okay. I’ll help, we can fix it together.” Her painted neck cranes, reaching for him, her savior.

He smells like death and rot, maggots and blood and why? Her head jerks back, eyes wide with surprise.Something is wrong, everything is cold and she is afraid.

“Help me!” she yells but he can not save her, he had never wanted to. Those glorious spirals of bone are coming for her and to her mind they are sharp as any rock. They will surely crush her.

And they do. The sound much too loud, the pain too real and it is cold where they have made contact, her adrenaline flooding her body as she crashes to the earth. She would very much like to run away but she can’t, her legs don’t know what her mind tells them. The heavy brick of her head will not lift and yet she can see the dust picked up from each hurried breath that leaves her. The earth tastes foul, her tongue covered in tiny grains of sand where it has lolled out but something very wrong has taken her body from her.

What’s worse is, it hadn't taken her mind with it.
    O H I O
    -like endless rain into a paper cup-

have at her, this is where i bow out <33

Messages In This Thread
    new mercies in the morning [pollock] - by Ohio - 02-24-2017, 05:43 PM
    RE: new mercies in the morning [pollock] - by Ohio - 03-15-2017, 05:24 PM