• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  like an unsung melody; fox
    My heart saw the things that my eyes couldn't see

It's easy to see, even for a boy like Fox, who is generally oblivious to these things, that she is just as surprised as he had been. Had he known her thoughts, he would have laughed even harder. A monkey? Really? He'd never been compared to a monkey before, but it would have been an entertaining thought. Had Lynx, one of his best friends (of course, she would likely disagree) despite their disparate personalities, been here, she probably would would have relished the chance to tell him just what was on Rora's mind. He would be equally delighted in showing her just how apt he could make such a descriptor.

But alas, she is not. He has only theories of foxes to contend with and not that of monkeys or goats.

His grin widens as words continue to tumble from the small girl's mouth. He is a chatty sort, but she has him beaten by miles. He finds himself rather charmed by her rambling musings. When she stops to draw breath, he manages to interject himself however. He would never be one to allow a conversation without him. ”Well little Rora for aurora, I suppose you could say that. Maybe, I guess. Momma said I look like a fox, so I'm Fox.” His grin turns a little bit mischievous then, providing ample proof for her speculations. ”For the rest, you'll just have to hang around and find out, won't you?”

Only then does she appear to notice the snow he had had the misfortune of throwing on top of himself. The warmth of the day is causing it to become quite sticky. Perfect for a snowball fight, if one were so inclined. And one had hands, of course, or Fox's abilities.

Indicating the snow with a tip of his head, he offers her an amused, ”I certainly won't stop you.” before turning his gaze to consider the wet snow. A sudden gleam comes to his eye as he turns to study Rora once more.

His grin turns positively wicked as he uses his ability to lift and form a small, round ball of snow and says, ”Hey Rora, catch!” With no further ado, he lobs the snowball at her.

Fox

Messages In This Thread
    like an unsung melody; fox - by Rora - 02-11-2017, 08:23 PM
    RE: like an unsung melody; fox - by Fox - 02-12-2017, 03:04 PM
    RE: like an unsung melody; fox - by Rora - 02-23-2017, 11:06 PM
    RE: like an unsung melody; fox - by Fox - 03-09-2017, 10:37 PM