• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I had a dream that we were dead; Jinju

I had a dream that we were dead
    and we pretended that we still lived

He tries not to linger too much on the before. It is too painful, thinking of what had once been. Thinking of the sad and tumultuous beginnings of his life. His father had reviled him, believing him cursed. Or a curse upon him. His mother, sweet, kind thing that she was, had loved him regardless. But for whatever reason, it is always the disgust that filled his father’s eyes that stayed with him, that haunted his dreams.

There is more, but he does not care to dwell. Not with the world so peaceful and quiet. So very perfect in the absence of the past.

Here, he can pretend. He can simply exist like so many others. Another tiny cog in a vast machine. He can wile away his afternoons and make new memories of peace and slumber. Oh, sometimes he misses his family. His mother, his twin, the only two pieces of his life that had been good. They have disappeared, and he often wonders where. Often considers finding them, if only he knew where to look.

Perhaps it is time for new memories though. Perhaps this world would be kinder to him than the last.

As it happens, it seems he does not have to look far for company. Just as he is straightening, golden eyes opening, intent in their depths, he is startled by a feminine voice. He glances towards the source of that sound, eyes catching on the solid black form of a young mare standing only a short distance from him.

He offers her a small, friendly smile, a bit chagrined at having been caught so off guard. ”Hello,” he responds, deep voice rusty with disuse. He shifts a bit, golden limbs glinting in a stray shaft of sunlight. He still sometimes catches himself by surprise, he had been so accustomed to his deathly, bony frame that this sleek, filled out one still feels a bit like a stranger’s sometimes.

”I’m not in your way, am I?” He asks the question a bit hesitantly before recognizing the silliness of it. Of course he wasn’t in the way, there are a million ways to get around him after all. Feeling rather chagrined once more, he offers a hopeful introduction, thinking perhaps she would stay. ”I’m Jinn.”

Jinn

undead son of Tiphon and Elysteria

Messages In This Thread
    I had a dream that we were dead; Jinju - by Jinn - 02-08-2017, 03:21 PM
    RE: I had a dream that we were dead; Jinju - by Jinn - 02-20-2017, 04:26 PM