• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  And the Wind that brought me Down [any]

THERE'S A HOLE IN MY HEART
    and I don't know why  

In the early morning all was quiet. A gentle breeze set the tall grasses of the meadow to swaying lightly against the towering knights lower legs. The golden hue of the sun crisped grass was striking against his charcoal colored limbs. Just as the climbing orange of sunrise on the horizon cast his silvery blue body in bronze. He does not know how long he stood watching the sun regain it's throne in the sky, and nor did he care. The breeze ruffled his newly gained feathers and tossed his mane in his eyes, and still he did not move. The blue roan giant looked more akin to a statue than a living being.

Rocinante was a guardian without a charge. A knight with no kingdom. A sentinel without a watch to keep. In short, he was lost. Since the fall of the Gates, he had stayed lurking in the meadow. He had watched the countless changes in the seasons, every single sunrise, and the downfall of Beqanna on the outside of society. It wasn't the loss of his voice that had broken him. Not the disappearance of his princess that had sent him into solitude. It was the lack of purpose. The pride and chivalry had once held his head high, where now it bowed far lower then mere humility. His appearance reflected the fall of the titan just as easily. Ebon mane and tail, once long and silky, now hung bedraggled and tangled with leaves and burrs. His new wings were missing feathers where branches had snagged and he was simply to indifferent to care.

The days seemed to blur together, a series of avoiding those that also called the meadow home and wandering in a fugue waiting for...something. Today would be no different to him, of that he was sure, but then why was he lingering those extra moments. The sun was up and shining, casting light on those that would need it and when he would normally scurry back to hide. So what was different today? He stood silently, a lone herald welcoming in the new day, hoping he would get an answer. It had been far too long since he had one.

Rocinante | Blue Roan | Belgian Draft | Stallion

Messages In This Thread
    And the Wind that brought me Down [any] - by Rocinante - 02-12-2017, 03:07 PM