• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so what if you can can see the dark inside of me? ; Azlyn
    Time has passed.

The two have lived in companionable distance, living and loving underneath the trees. The days here were much more temperate than they were on the mainland. The jungles stayed warm and balmy, and the waters were calmer with the coming of the colder months. Insulated here in Ischia, Ashley and Azlyn were as inhabitants on a tropical isle—a proverbial Adam and Eve. And in the colder of those nights, they had had a moment And that moment had produced a child. Where could he go? He had brought Azlyn to his home—the place that he guarded and protected above all else. And yet, the rounder that she grew, the more he found himself absent. His mind was always disconnected from where he was; he wondered if Azlyn could tell.

There was a guilty shadow that followed him wherever he went. He felt—at odds with himself.

How does a man love two women? How does he choose?

Does he choose?

How does a man forget his heart and return to what he knows his blood is good for—what he was made to be? A quiet, peaceful—albeit failing kingdom.

Ischia, land of nothing.

No, this was certainly not the Dale. And yet, he defends it is if it was.

When would he learn better?

Ea was never around. Tiphon had fled to whatever cave he had found in the back parts of this island. Was there any point in staying?

Was there any point to Ashley?

And yet, that scent that plagues him. She smells so good. Always of flowers that she has since taken stringing in her hair. Beautiful.

How does a man decide how to be?

He has no idea what he’s going to do with his life, but he knows that great changes are coming.

ashley
    I walked the path, it led me to the end.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: so what if you can can see the dark inside of me? ; Azlyn - by Ashley - 01-09-2017, 04:31 PM