• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

melancholy migrations; any
    you and I both know, the ghost is me

Cassady ignores her sister’s call, knowing that Carwyn will simply follow her anyway. It’s what little sisters do. It’s what daughters do, too, she supposes; Carwyn follows Cassie the way Cassie had always followed their mother. Except, of course, when Kellyn had left them in the care of the Tundra. Then, Carwyn had preferred to follow Brennen around. They were much alike, Carwyn and Brennen. The purple girl had always been different – always wanted more. And while Carwyn had the same magics as their Brennen, Cassie had something else.

Cassie talked to dead people.

Sometimes, it was frustrating. There were a LOT of dead people in Beqanna, and they weren’t particularly polite when they wanted to be heard. And sometimes, if she wasn’t paying attention, she could be drawn into the afterlife with them, because she was able to travel between the two worlds, and there, Kellyn couldn’t mediate for her, because Kellyn could only talk to the ghosts in the land of the living, not move back and forth. And that was where the others came in – distant relatives (dead ones) who had followed Kellyn and Cassie around: guiding, nagging, protecting, giving advice.

She kind of misses them – which is why she is so glad to meet these new people, to maybe fill that void. She grins at them, not even phased by his ‘gruff’ manner. “It’s okay,” she says brightly. “We grew up in the Tundra – and I’ve always sworn they were a brotherhood of functional mutes.” Carwyn must have arrived, given the next question. Cassie turns brown eyes to her sister, briefly, and then back to Eyetooth and Snout. Like Eyetooth, she doesn’t really give her sibling a chance to make her own introductions. “This is Carwyn, my little sister.” It might seem silly, since they’re both young adults, but Carwyn will always seem little to Cassie. “Where are you guys from?”

Messages In This Thread
    melancholy migrations; any - by Eyetooth + Snout - 01-01-2017, 03:01 PM
    RE: melancholy migrations; any - by Cassady - 01-01-2017, 10:04 PM
    RE: melancholy migrations; any - by Carwyn - 01-01-2017, 10:28 PM
    RE: melancholy migrations; any - by Cassady - 01-08-2017, 11:25 PM
    RE: melancholy migrations; any - by Carwyn - 01-08-2017, 11:35 PM
    RE: melancholy migrations; any - by Cassady - 01-16-2017, 11:36 PM
    RE: melancholy migrations; any - by Carwyn - 01-16-2017, 11:37 PM