• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm contagious, it'd be safest if you ran // rodrik & any

i'm contagious, it'd be safest if you ran

"Peace never lasts as long as we'd like," she muses quietly, as her amber eyes move back to Rodrik. The winds embrace them both for a moment and Aditi's nostrils flutter at the mix of scents from the wasteland and the stallion's musk. There's another, almost heavier, scent in the air, and she makes note to ask Rodrik about it later on. It was not uncommon for multiple stallions to reside within the same herdland, but Aditi would not feel comfortable within the confines of the wasteland if she did not learn the pecking order -- and swiftly.

Her two-toned mane is still whipping around her dappled neck when Rodrik comments on the lack of visible foliage in Pangea. She refrains from responding, considering the matter closed now that she knows she will not be forced to trudge to one of the mingle lands whenever her stomach grumbled, but she does nod to acknowledge that he has answered her.

The mare's eyes watch closely to see if her last inquiry has caught the red beast off guard, but he betrays nothing, and instead gives her the grin that she has already come to expect.

It's not an unpleasant expression, she admits to herself.

Rodrik is forthcoming with his response, voicing a concern that those with an ample amount of intelligence struggle with on a regular basis. It was relatively easy to find other intelligent beings to network with on a daily basis, but the real challenge was finding someone intelligent who would be loyal and trustworthy. For once, she gifts Rodrik with her own grin in return and her words are light with amusement, "Why not both?"

Shifting her weight, the dappled mare turns slightly so that she is facing the cracked riverbed. The winds have died down, though not entirely, and loose granules of dirt dance and glide against the hard-packed earth where water once flowed.

"Do you have the time to give me a tour?" She implies that he may have something other than her to take care of, though the inquiry is neither biting nor terse. She could explore on her own, should she need to, but something tells her that Rodrik will be willing to bring her around, now that he knows she is not looking for him to give her a tour of the "top ten most breathtaking" parts of Pangea.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm contagious, it'd be safest if you ran // rodrik & any - by Aditi - 12-27-2016, 09:06 PM