• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

time to take time [Mythical Kingdoms/Amazons]

Oh good. Everyone is just lovely! But then again, Zilpah has never really met anyone she didn’t like. She’s like a puppy, without the following bit: eager to please, energetic, and constantly happy to see everyone.

Malka doesn’t say much about the Jungle, and Zilpah wonders if she doesn’t know more about the two Kingdoms. Not the inner workings of the Amazons, of course, but more about the current feelings towards each other. The so called ‘betrayal’ of Cam and defection for the Desert, the alliance and unaccepted sisterly request, and the tension that was in the air (or did she imagine it?) when they came to bring the news. Naturally, she would never say anything bad about someone else’s home (and really, she doesn’t think poorly of the Jungle at all!), so she sticks to the facts about her own sandy castle.

“Actually, Yael stepped down a year or two ago. Vanquish died and she didn’t want to be Queen anymore. So there was this whole big competition and everything, and I don’t really know how it worked, but some Gods chose the winners and now we have two new Queens! Pevensie and Camrynn. They’re pretty cool. Cam made this sphinx-dog creature to help guard the Kingdom aaaand… I don’t know, it seems to be busier these days. Which is good, of course. Oh! And I was promoted too!” Zilpah beams with this last statement and then falls silent. After a moment, she starts up again, albeit little more gently, though just as earnestly, “I hope things with your family are ok. I don’t suppose you saw my Dad, Rigdon, while you were in the Tundra?”

Zilpah rarely gets to see her father, and still harbors a little bit of guilt for how things went down between her Ima and Abba. Any news would be good news. It’s been nothing but silence on the northern front.

Zilpah

a song of sand and snow

Messages In This Thread
    RE: time to take time [Mythical Kingdoms/Amazons] - by Zilpah - 06-04-2015, 05:33 PM