• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

my blood is a flood of rubies; any
    As the evening crispiness grew greater she was certain most of the lands inhabitants were nestled in family groups below the stars.  She patiently watched hidden in the shadows fore she had not much else on her to do list this evening.  Satellites twisted, scanning for the slightest of sounds.  She looked on in curiosity over the fillies 'to do list' this eve...

She had come from lands were order and honor reigned.  Warriors were conditioned from scraps of carefree youth.  She had gone through the same training but her free spirited personality clashed with her sires structured lands.  So she freed both the burden of having to live in daily disappointment.  Her training was useful though... She could hunt the faintest of scents, locate the distant of sounds, spot the slightest variations of the landscapes.  This night was no different.  Her vigilance made her well aware of the nights happenings. The wide eyed owl stationed above, a rodent scampered nearby, a family group of deer drinking at the river. Her nares flared as the winds brought new scents to her attention.  She closed her globes and held her breathing so she could quiet herself to feel her surroundings...

She couldn't make out specifics of each scent but enough details to know of which species and possible recent where abouts.  The one scent was also distantly familiar.  Smelling of a stallion she recently met in the field.  A stallion who seemed troubled but refused her offer of company.  Guess he had a family and this must be a member.  He smelled of redwoods and so did the nearing scent.  It wasn't a stagnant scent but more new, more young.  She dismissed it as non-threatening and shifted investigations to the next scent.  Also a scent that was recently familiar... A viewing she had from the meeting grounds.  A newcomer that seemed uneasy by the night that surrounded him. 'What twas he doing lurking about at night?' She pondered the why for a moment but found any answer she could fathem irrelevant.  He had seemed to submissive, too frightened, too reliant to be much of a threat.  Not of one she couldn't handle.  So she waited... Watching as the golden hue approached the filly.  A deep feeling surfaced, a need to protect, no an instinct, ingrained deep within her geno.  Was it her make or her training that was surfacing.  She stoodfast... Muscle tensed and ready to act. Like a lioness waiting in the tall grasses to pounce upon unsuspecting prey.  She held her position and watched cautiously.  The golden one spoke to the filly in a concerned tone.  A question of her location on this late of an eve.  She let the interaction play out undisturbed by her.  Only a deep flutter of her nares to make her presence known to the newcomer...

Heed thy warning or prepare for thynes wrath
    DANCING NEON
    and i felt closer to the stars for having loved you
    word count: 735 -accrued points:  -HTML by Call
    .:.Dancing Neon.:.

Messages In This Thread
    my blood is a flood of rubies; any - by hawke - 12-11-2016, 02:13 AM
    RE: my blood is a flood of rubies; any - by Neo.n - 12-11-2016, 04:08 AM
    RE: my blood is a flood of rubies; any - by Iasan - 12-11-2016, 06:01 AM
    RE: my blood is a flood of rubies; any - by Neo.n - 12-12-2016, 08:22 AM
    RE: my blood is a flood of rubies; any - by hawke - 12-13-2016, 02:23 AM
    RE: my blood is a flood of rubies; any - by Neo.n - 12-13-2016, 02:29 AM