• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  A gift of Magic; ANY

I am a lioness, I will not cringe.

Here she stood, among men and a youthful girl bartering for her magic back - although, was it truly gone? Have we all but forgotten that it is just as easy to charm with words than any sorcery. She listens as the behemoth male speaks about how his magic means a great deal to him and before she can quip a retort, another has-been of sorts; a ex-King has joined their circle. Rodrik. The gray had met him once before though she is sure that he wouldn't remember, Prague has been known to travel under an alias more than once or twice. She listens as he more than hints at the fact he was willing to maim, squash, kill whatever stepped in his way. "Hello Woolf - Rodrik, don't you think it's at least worth introducing yourself before asking for toys, yes?" she offers a crooked smile in his direction, unafraid - especially now with all abilities off the table, plus often times those who bark the loudest also tuck tail the quickest. "Survival is something you already have but perhaps you need help tapping into that - anyone can teach you how to fight, I will teach you how to do that if you wish but fighting alone will not keep you safe; you need knowledge more than anything. I have two hundred years or more of that."

The silver lioness was more than right, she hadn't survived by being a great fighter all these years (though her metal was tested and strong) but having the right alliances, knowing the right family quarrels and facing her own enemies. Never though, would she say that she absolutely needed magic because ultimately it would not kill her to go without. We all grow accustomed to the way we live, though and so it's a preference she elects to have. "I'm quite bored with this group talk, your choice, girl - meet me on the battlefield or meet me in the afterlife with my magic." As she turns to leave, the amber colored eyes glance to Rodrik a farewell that says "see you soon" and with that the old gray leaves the crowd, clinging just to the meadows edge; hidden away as she awaits to see which turn the girl will take.

p r a g u e
    ancient woman of the amazons

basically, does she want to learn to fight first or history.

Messages In This Thread
    A gift of Magic; ANY - by Raeg'n - 11-14-2016, 03:49 PM
    RE: A gift of Magic; ANY - by Graveside - 11-14-2016, 04:59 PM
    RE: A gift of Magic; ANY - by Raeg'n - 11-18-2016, 12:07 AM
    RE: A gift of Magic; ANY - by woolf - 11-18-2016, 01:21 AM
    RE: A gift of Magic; ANY - by Raeg'n - 11-26-2016, 04:33 PM
    RE: A gift of Magic; ANY - by prague - 11-27-2016, 02:58 PM
    RE: A gift of Magic; ANY - by woolf - 11-27-2016, 11:32 PM
    RE: A gift of Magic; ANY - by Rodrik - 11-29-2016, 01:37 PM
    RE: A gift of Magic; ANY - by Raeg'n - 12-02-2016, 01:23 PM
    RE: A gift of Magic; ANY - by prague - 12-08-2016, 06:37 PM
    RE: A gift of Magic; ANY - by Rodrik - 12-10-2016, 01:12 PM