• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and this time I'm not leaving without you; Ashley
    Do you ever get lonely

Truth was, he did. At times, he looked upon them all with a sneer in his voice, believing them to be below him. Ashley let his face fall, for here in his quiet space, he allowed himself to be as he was. The quiet waves lapped at the cave, and he drank in the moist air peacefully. He did something he never did in the company of another—he laid down. Resting, he looked upon Marlyn, feeling the need to conversate with someone on a level that had nothing to do with impressing them, or remind them of his own self-centered ego.

“I do at times find myself wishing for more company…but that is not something that I have the luxury to feel. When people look at you and want you to lead them… you are not granted the luxury to feel much of anything at all. What you are is what they perceive you to be, and not much more. I have a tendency to forget that that burden is no longer mine.”

Where these calm words were coming from, and why he was divulging so much of himself, he had no idea. There was something about this witch that entranced him. His red hair was plastered to his face, and he was a wet mess. But he was at peace. His thickly muscled chest rose and fell, and he let the moment fall quiet. He normally would have looked at Marlyn and been able to tell her entire lifestory, and yet he granted her the privacy of her mind.. He wanted her to be a surprise.

He wanted to be surprised by her, and that was the biggest surprise to him of all.
    ashley
    I walked the path, it led me to the end.

Messages In This Thread
    and this time I'm not leaving without you; Ashley - by Marlyn - 11-16-2016, 01:08 PM
    RE: and this time I'm not leaving without you; Ashley - by Ashley - 11-30-2016, 06:54 AM