• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you've got a heart as loud as lions; my rhory
    I have died every day waiting for you.
    Darling, don't be afraid. I have loved you for a thousand years.

It’s been wonderful to have her in his life again. Every day he thanks the luck that had brought them back together in the forest. Anything could have happened during the disaster. With her abilities stripped away, Arrya could have been hurt, and with Rhory’s own condition (he is healthier these days, but years of not taking proper care of himself have taken their toll), the worst could have easily happened. But, somehow, both of them had made it out unscathed. And not only that, but they’d found each other, against all odds, and in spite of the massive changes to the land.

He can’t help but think that, despite the removal of Arrya’s traits, someone had been looking out for them. Someone wants them to make it.

They’ve stayed together ever since, though they, through necessity, have had to spend many days apart (at least they’ve always had the evenings and nights). Arrya has been busy searching for their new home, and Rhory, for his part, has been doing his utmost to discover what has happened to Beqanna and Arrya’s traits. While he hasn’t found a concrete answer (there’s just so much speculation, and so much hearsay), he does think he at least has a possible solution to the latter. He’d been glad to pass on the rumour to Arrya the previous evening.

For now though, he is glad to rest. Or so he thinks …

He wakes to the feeling of her lips travelling up his neck. For a few, hazy minutes he believes it’s just another dream (it must be, after all, nothing like this could happen to him in the waking world life) …

But her soft voice whispers in his ear, and his blue eyes flicker open. And there she is, soft nose against his jawline. “A-Arrya? Wha …?”

Rhory
    I'll love you for a thousand more.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you've got a heart as loud as lions; my rhory - by Rhory - 10-26-2016, 12:12 AM