• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I think I'm losing my mind now - Ruan
    Ruan
    He noted her confusion at his answer and grimaced. He hadn't considered Reagan hadn't had the time to fully explain things to her. He gradually dropped himself to the ground, settling for the night and giving her space to lay close if she chose to.

"Everyone must earn their magic back," he began carefully. "There are some who use the magic for ill deeds. They use it to kill and conquer, for their own gains." He shook his head sadly, his eyes growing hard at their terrible misuse of power. Along with many others, he had not relied on his magic in this way, but only chose to wield it in the defense of others. It did not make a difference though. The Fairy had taken everyone's powers, not just the crooks.

"All magic originates from the Fairy, and so she took her power back. These magics were a gift, and when she saw them being used by her children to harm each other, she removed them. All of them."

He paused and sighed again, then continued. "Some were given the choice to accept wings, or a unicorn's horn, or even immortality, as a temporary replacement for the magic they lost. The Fairy is not cruel, she did not wish to leave us with nothing, but she could not let the evil use of her magic continue."

He paused to let his words sink in, noting her question if Reagan would join them tomorrow or not, but withholding an answer for now.

Messages In This Thread
    I think I'm losing my mind now - Ruan - by Jinju - 09-11-2016, 08:42 AM
    RE: I think I'm losing my mind now - Ruan - by Ruan - 09-14-2016, 08:59 AM