• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  It's alright to be lil bitty
    He delights in the distraction, welcomes it. It is something much needed after recent events. Leave it to a child to tug a smile at the corner of Weir’s lips where there has lacked one so much lately. There was always that, children. Both Weir and Eira loved children, the proof was in the countless offspring they had, either biologically or through the Den- they were not one’s to turn a child away simply because they had no blood ties. What was blood anyways, how did that constitute parentage wholy? There were ways to be a mom or a dad without blood ties, it’s not about who made the child, it was all about who raised them, who was there for them. If the kids could count on nothing else being constant, at least they could count on them to be, he and Eira.

A quiet chuckle leaves him again, the girl wiggling her way out of the powdery snow drifts. “Oh I see, just a Smidgen then,” he blinks down as she comes out from under his barrel, amber eyes alight with amusement. “Lucky for me then, why, I’d be at a terrible disadvantage to a great beast beneath the snow.” Oh and how true that was now, it wasn’t always but today it was certain.

As she tiptoes he follows, carefully watching her path and then she stops looking up to ask him a question. Does he want to hear a secret? Well, as a matter of fact he does but oh- she goes and tells him anyhow. “Why I would-” he starts but never completes the sentence, the grand secret reaching his ears before he can do so. “Oh a fairy? Why, I am truly lucky today then. No beasts but fairies instead, should I be a man I’d play the lotto.” There it was, that utter nonsense leaking from his mouth. Except it wasn’t truly nonsense, not to Weir, he knew better. But to the horse world all the information lodged in his rusty head was simply rantings, meaningless and confusing. They would never know what the lottery was, they would never know many things that Weir knew but guess that’s what happens when you can read. When you can read and a Magician Uncle saw fit to Magic books for your impressionable young mind as a child.

“Well then miss fairy Smidgen, I am a Weir, nice to meet you.”  The chatter comes easy now, even to his own surprise. “Don’t worry, your secret is safe with me. What ever is a fairy doing so far from the Mountain I wonder? Have you important business to attend down here with the common folk miss fairy?”
    WEIR
    if i go crazy then will you still call me
    superman

Messages In This Thread
    It's alright to be lil bitty - by Smidgen - 09-09-2016, 10:46 PM
    RE: It's alright to be lil bitty - by Weir - 09-10-2016, 05:57 PM
    RE: It's alright to be lil bitty - by Smidgen - 09-13-2016, 12:31 AM
    RE: It's alright to be lil bitty - by Weir - 09-14-2016, 07:04 AM
    RE: It's alright to be lil bitty - by Smidgen - 09-14-2016, 05:28 PM
    RE: It's alright to be lil bitty - by Weir - 09-16-2016, 04:34 PM
    RE: It's alright to be lil bitty - by Smidgen - 09-20-2016, 01:05 AM
    RE: It's alright to be lil bitty - by Weir - 09-23-2016, 08:38 AM