• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I think I'm losing my mind now - Ruan
    Jinju
    No, aunt Reagan wouldn’t leave her. In the same way as her mother wouldn’t have left her. But Lexa was gone now, taken away from her, so who said Reagan wouldn’t been taken from her? What had she ever done to deserve it to be punished in such way? She truly must be a horrible and worthless creature. That must probably be it, the reason why she didn’t deserve anything good in this world. The reason why Reagan had disappeared.

Nonetheless she snuggles herself closer against Ruan, hiding underneath his big wings, feeling safe and sheltered. At least he hadn’t disappeared too. Uncle still sounded strange on her tongue, as she never had a father figure before, but calling him dad would mean calling Reagan mom. And right now, in her heart Lexa was still her mother. Jinju just needed a little bit more time.

Teary ruby eyes met blue ones and she could only stare at him. Did she hear that right? Was aunt Reagan really still around and doing okay? Taking a shaky breath she casts her gaze down again, almost afraid to voice out her thoughts, afraid that they suddenly would become reality after all. ”Momma didn’t leave me either.. She was taken from me.” In her heart Jinju knew that the gray and emerald mare wouldn’t leave her, not as long as she had a say in that matter. However, it is her uncle’s reply that gets to her the most. Blinking slowly she carefully dares to look up again. ”I.. I don’t want to leave..”

Home. She was home now. The Taiga was home, and the Jungle no longer.

This time she doesn’t cry out of agony or pain or fear. Her tears are those of relief and joy, touched deeply and genuinely happy with the thing Reagan and Ruan offered her. A family, a home, a place to belong and stay. She bites down on her lower lip as she looks up to him again, slowly reaching out to touch his nose with hers softly. ”Always?” In her red eyes twinkles a hopeful glint, desperately wanting it to be true. But, he had already promised it to her, so it had to be true, right? He couldn’t go back on his words.

The sudden change of subject surprises her, but effectively pulls her out of her previous dark thoughts. A small smile pulls on the corners of her lips and she nods, suddenly all shy and hesitant again. ”I am. Aunt Reagan’s fire fairies are the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen” she answers, not able to not smile at the thought of the time when she had first come to the Taiga. Her aunt had given her her scarf then, and had enjoyed her with the small fire play. ”I’m just.. afraid to disappoint her.” Jinju wasn’t troubled to share her fears with Ruan. Even though she was afraid to let him down, just as she felt towards Reagan, but she had never been abandoned by a male figure before.

Messages In This Thread
    I think I'm losing my mind now - Ruan - by Jinju - 09-11-2016, 08:42 AM
    RE: I think I'm losing my mind now - Ruan - by Jinju - 09-12-2016, 09:05 AM