• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i will stand my ground || ALL
    The whole walk to the herd's new home was rather somber, quiet, as if each and every one of them were thinking of what had been left behind. Thanata was not excluded from that group. The Tundra kingdom had been a fresh start for her, a chance to leave her past behind. She had grown from the quiet, extremely shy mare she'd once been. She still had some growing, since anxiety still plagued her, but nowadays, that was moreso due to the nightmares she often experienced, which is why she often slept away from the other horses of the kingdom.

It would be no different here. Or would it? Would this kingdom provide another new fresh start? Could she adopt a whole different persona? Perhaps prove herself a worthy member of the kingdom, rather than just a one-word diplomat that would have rather communicated through body language? Thanata didn't know if she'd ever reach the same caliber as the warriors of the Tundra that she knew, but she had to learn a little bit of fighting, if only to defend herself from predators if not to shield her new home from invaders.

Yet, even then, she knew she would protect her new home. Even with all of what Beqanna had done, she had been kind enough to grant this group of rag-tag horses a home they could call their own. A place where Thanata, and many others, could feel secure.

During the journey, Thanata kept an eye on the foals that were accompanying them, wanting to be sure they were kept safe. She also checked in on anyone that might have been injured, even if it was miniscule. She wanted to make sure everyone got to the new land, safe and sound.

When they arrived, Thanata was taken aback. A large mountain sprouted up in the middle of the land, though the scent of faint ash in the air told her it was a volcano. The smell of the ash was recent, and the air was quite humid, even if it would die down in time to a more manageable state. Was it possible that this volcano had only recently gone off and created this piece of land? Had Beqanna done this, to create a home for these horses?

If that was the case, Thanata made a promise then and there to one day return to the mountain and personally thank Beqanna for doing such a thing. Large patches of green surrounded them all, the sight of it making Thanata want to race on and enjoy its healthiness. However, the black mare stayed put, knowing that the new leaders probably had some words to say.

As opposed to two of Offspring's foals, Spear and Spark, of which their names Thanata had learned during the herd's travel. They took off to romp in the grass, something which the mare felt like she should scold them for. However, she was not their dam; it was not her place.

Offspring was the first of the leaders to speak. He spoke of the land's goals, to be more accepting than the previous kingdoms had been, that the rulership would be fair. He introduced the other leaders as well, and where they had come from before.

Once he was done, a mare - who would identify herself as Camelia - spoke up, voicing her ideals, as Offspring had suggested. Thanata was a bit off-put by that idea; were they really going to be so open? Sure, Beqanna might have been mad that her foals weren't before, but during these times, there might be some horses that could take advantage of others.

Would Thanata open her mouth and speak unwisely, risking getting thrown out of her new home? Despite a tugging feeling, Thanata kept her words within, feeling they would not be wise to say.

Another new leader, Magnus - a horse Thanata had heard of - stepped up to share his piece. He said he would do his best to help protect this new land, and that he would willingly give his life to keep that promise. Thanata immediately (mentally) agreed with that. She would do the same, even if she wasn't the most skilled fighter yet.

After Magnus had said his piece, Thanata still kept her words quiet, not thinking of anything truly worthy to say at the moment. So she would wait, see what any of the other horses had to say. For a moment, her gaze drifts to Offspring, wondering how he is handling things with his love, Isle. Once again, that feeling appeared, but Thanata shoved it to the back of her mind. She would not allow her head to succumb to such thoughts. She was not that kind of mare.

Maybe one day she'd find a horse she would love, but she knew Offspring still had Isle, and if Thanata even tried anything, she would give full permission to Beqanna to cause another small 'tragedy' and see to it that the Friesian disappeared.

OOC: Camelia's ideas sound interesting, breaking the castes apart and redefining them a bit more.

Messages In This Thread
    i will stand my ground || ALL - by Offspring - 09-07-2016, 11:17 AM
    RE: i will stand my ground || ALL - by Camelia - 09-07-2016, 02:46 PM
    RE: i will stand my ground || ALL - by Aranea - 09-07-2016, 11:21 PM
    RE: i will stand my ground || ALL - by magnus - 09-08-2016, 01:13 AM
    RE: i will stand my ground || ALL - by Thanata - 09-08-2016, 02:21 AM
    RE: i will stand my ground || ALL - by Rael Fire - 09-09-2016, 08:08 AM
    RE: i will stand my ground || ALL - by Longear - 09-16-2016, 09:16 PM
    RE: i will stand my ground || ALL - by Thorunn - 09-19-2016, 04:25 AM