• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I am the steel no enemy can shatter; any

all my friends are heathens, take it slow

He seemed friendly enough, she decided rather quickly. Of course, in her eyes almost everyone did. Her limbs sang out praises as she stretched them, not realizing how much she had needed to just take a little walk. The slightly out of place smile he offered lit up the mare's face. With her ever so crooked grin plastered upon her face, she continued in silence beside him. Odezsa loved talking and getting to know others, but she always struggled with the best way to approach conversation. After all, she never had anything profound or really interesting to say. More than anything she valued small talk and pleasantries, and a good backstory of course. But deep down she yearned to have her own story to tell. There wasn't much to it at the moment, so she chose not to bore anyone with the terribly boring details of her mundane life. Of course, to her it was alright to be mundane. She was just happy to be alive.

Summer's heat gently patted her back and she let out a sigh of contentment. Although summer was her least favorite season, the dry heat out and about felt far better than the sticky and muggy air that hung out in the jungle. It was a beautiful, unique place to live, but one that came with a climate Odezsa was still adjusting to. 

As the small patter of hoofbeats continued, she grew a bit restless. The silence hung over them, and for a moment she wondered if she had made a mistake. Perhaps company was not what the stallion was seeking, and the thought made her heart clench up, as she always loved good (or bad) company. But if she was more a bother than a pleasure she would remove herself from the situation with deep regret and continue about her day. 

However, just as her expression was growing puzzled, he finally spoke. A simple question, but one that Odezsa herself had not yet thought to ask. She glanced sideways at him as the moved, her eyes trained on his face as he spoke. It was meant to be polite, she wanted him to know she was engaged and listening. Of course, it could have looked a bit creepy, how intently she stared.

"Ironically enough, I just needed to stretch my legs." She giggled whole-heartedly at her own joke, before blushing a bit and regaining her composure. Surely he had not thought it was funny, and she silently scolded herself for again using humor most foals wouldn't even care for.

"I, um, I live in the Jungle. It's lovely, but I just wanted to see faces and explore." Her answer was transparent, no hidden intentions or meanings. Lying had never been a strong suit of hers.

"And how about you, Shan?" A subconscious nod in his direction. "What brings you here?" 

Odesza

@[Shannisoran]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I am the steel no enemy can shatter; any - by Odezsa - 08-10-2016, 04:14 PM