• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Seeking An Alliance

BROTHER, LET ME BE YOUR FORTRESS, WHEN THE NIGHT WINDS ARE DRIVING ON.
    I CAN BE THE ONE TO LIGHT YOUR WAY; I WILL BRING YOU HOME.

His eye carefully watches her, disdain clear within the pupil that dilates as he observes her stance. She is rigid, tense and altogether ill-equipped to handle any matter of diplomacy. As to why she has come to offer such little explanation and nothing aside from a bitter remark now and then is beyond him - such a pity she has put such energy into coming such a long way with such little to show for it upon her inevitable return to the vibrant land of falling water and lush, blooming foliage. His muscles tense and roll beneath his dark pelt, the puckered pink scars glimmering in the pale sunlight that emerges from behind thinly veiled clouds above.

Her tone is biting, and he cannot hide the faint glint of amusement that lingers in his eye. Had a diplomat of his own disrespected him in such a manner, he would surely think twice of having her represent him in any capacity to anyone at all. His nostrils flare as he snorts, bemused at her rather abrupt question. Still having neglected to give him her name, he decides he does not care - if she does not, why should he? The King neglects to say anything at all, and neither does his Lord, and so he interjects, his voice empty of the amusement his eyes had held moments earlier.

"There is no line between male and females, something that should have been realized sooner. There is no stronger sex; I have faith in all of those who live within our border to fulfill their duties." He pauses, the frigid air filling his lungs - he will never tire of the icy chill. "An alliance is not something we are seeking at the moment." He casts a glance to the many males and females that loiter through the permafrost-encrusted plain; many socializing or gallivanting across the icy tundra. Their numbers have grown, and with it, change has shifted.

"Our alliance with the Chamber and Valley remain strong and unwavering. There is word that there is a new Queen in the Jungle following Lagertha's disappearance - it would be in our best interest, and the interest of our alliances, to see where they stand and what they seek before an alliance is spoken of with any other kingdom. I suppose you will want to do the same. Perhaps, we can meet at a later time." His heavy gaze follows Kreios now, ignoring the presence of the brindled red roan beside him. "But in light of recent events, this is no time to speak of an alliance. I thank you for your time, and it has been a pleasure to meet you, Kreios. I wish you fair travel."

OFFSPRING

the ice king of the tundra

I moved the timeline up a bit to fit what has happened since the raid. Smile
    I also wanted to finish off this thread instead of leaving it open-ended.
    Feel free to reply, of course, but also feel free to let it die. Tongue

@[Kreios] @[Raxa]

Messages In This Thread
    Seeking An Alliance - by Raxa - 07-03-2016, 03:09 PM
    RE: Seeking An Alliance - by Brynmor - 07-04-2016, 11:06 AM
    RE: Seeking An Alliance - by Raxa - 07-04-2016, 05:02 PM
    RE: Seeking An Alliance - by Kreios - 07-07-2016, 12:32 PM
    RE: Seeking An Alliance - by Offspring - 07-07-2016, 12:59 PM
    RE: Seeking An Alliance - by Raxa - 07-11-2016, 01:40 AM
    RE: Seeking An Alliance - by Offspring - 08-06-2016, 06:08 PM