• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

what am I fighting for? (birthing)
    Morigan
    WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR? THERE MUST BE SOMETHING MORE. FOR ALL THESE WORDS I SING, DO YOU FEEL ANYTHING?
    She is so, so tired. 

The purple-spotted mare plods slowing through the little herd land, brown eyes scanning for a quiet place to rest. This pregnancy has been a difficult one, and she’s nearing the end of her rope, both mentally and physically. She can’t wait for this child to be out in the world. 

She finally finds a small cave, groaning loudly as she lies down on the cool earth. “Ahh that’s better.” She glances briefly at her belly. It hadn’t bounced back properly after the birth of the twins, and her sides have grown twice as much as they had with Merida … just as it had with the twins. She really, really hopes it’s not twins again. She adores her sons and wouldn’t trade them for anything, but she doesn’t think her body could handle another double birth right away. 

And then suddenly pain shoots through her sides. “No!”

Morigan gasps as another pain shoots through her, then another. No, this can’t be happening! It’s too soon, the baby isn’t due for several weeks yet! But instinct takes over, and soon her body is straining and pushing to bring the child out into the world.

The birth is long - too long. But, eventually, it’s over. 

Morigan raises her head, and is surprised, though not entirely, to see that there are two bundles beside her instead of one. “Figures,” she murmurs quietly. She strains to get her feet under her, but she’s too tired, too spent. And then she notices the blood coating the two fillies, and the cave’s dirty floor. “Oh … oh no …” It’s an awful lot of blood, more than she’s ever seen for a birth.

She realizes suddenly that she’s growing weaker, that the corners of her vision are starting to fuzz. She reaches towards the twins in a vain attempt to reach them. “Taria! Kosaka!”

Then everything goes black. 

She’s gone. 

SAID I'M OKAY, BUT I KNOW HOW TO LIE. YOU WERE ALL THAT I HAD, YOU WERE DELICATE AND HARD TO FIND.

@[Nicole]
    @[Chemdog]

Messages In This Thread
    what am I fighting for? (birthing) - by Morigan - 07-02-2016, 12:10 AM
    RE: what am I fighting for? (birthing) - by Sreva - 07-03-2016, 01:37 PM
    RE: what am I fighting for? (birthing) - by Taria - 07-06-2016, 09:04 AM
    RE: what am I fighting for? (birthing) - by Sabé - 07-06-2016, 09:13 AM
    RE: what am I fighting for? (birthing) - by Sreva - 07-06-2016, 10:49 PM
    RE: what am I fighting for? (birthing) - by Eiria - 07-07-2016, 11:48 PM
    RE: what am I fighting for? (birthing) - by Sreva - 07-16-2016, 10:19 PM
    RE: what am I fighting for? (birthing) - by Sabé - 07-17-2016, 06:55 PM