• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

With my speechless calm eyes - Offspring
    Brynmor

"With my speechless calm eyes."

A frown crosses on his face as the black king tells him that business had yet to be done. Offspring had been away for the whole summer and now he told him that he hadn’t been able to get the things done. It only clicks in Brynmor’s mind as his friend says they should soon visit the Chamber. It wasn’t the business he had meant to ask about, but the answer is not less important and interesting. Ever since Killdare had come to visit them in the Tundra, to talk about an alliance, he had told himself that he would have to visit the Chamber. It was time that he would see the place for the first time, although he had lived there his whole youth.

As he settles himself comfortable next to his king, putting one of his hindlegs on rest, he listens. The cold that radiated from Offspring didn’t bother nor surprise him anymore. He was accustomed to the cold and it actually was quite fitting for a Tundra king to be bonded with his kingdom in such way. ”I have to admit that Killdare isn’t like those that I met during my time there. But I think it will be good for me to see it myself. It is hard to forget what has happened in the past, yet I believe things have changed since then. I have changed, I have seen the Tundra change and so could the Chamber have changed. I only have a little trouble recognizing it.” Maybe that was because Brynmor wasn’t ready yet to put himself over the grudge he held against the Chamber. Or maybe he was simply afraid to lose that what drove him to put all his best effort in the Tundra.

”You’re saying that you want us to mock with them? Did you have any specific plans for that?” They had yet to start having mock battles and debates. Brynmor himself had fought one mock battle, and won it, but he couldn’t exactly say that it had been due to his successful techniques. Although he had gotten accustomed to see, the graying male wasn’t really aware of how he could use that in his advantage when it came to a battle. But they said that practise made perfect, right?

This time the silence drags on for a longer period. Blue eyes met red ones and Brynmor couldn’t stop his surprise from showing. Sure he had been stand in for the king before, but that was something different than to be asked to the right-hand of the king, nonetheless successor. He parts his lips to speak, but no words are coming, and thus he closes his mouth again. Instead he let his gaze travel across the Tundra’s fields, but he cannot really enjoy the view as his thought go in overdrive.

It is only after a while that he turns his gaze back to Offspring again. For a short moment his lips pull up to a smile, but soon it falters and his gaze grows more serious. ”You know I’ll do anything for the Tundra, whatever would be in her interest. I will accept the place at your side, if you’d still want me. I will be honoured to stand at your side. But..” he pauses, looking away again, before continuing. ”I’ve never pictured myself as a king. I need some time to think it over, but we both know that I’ll do whatever is the best for the Tundra.”

"Nothing is coming to rise."

Okay.. this costed me way to long. Think I needed 2 hours or so to get it done XD.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: With my speechless calm eyes - Offspring - by Offspring - 05-22-2016, 05:49 PM
    RE: With my speechless calm eyes - Offspring - by Offspring - 06-02-2016, 12:10 AM
    RE: With my speechless calm eyes - Offspring - by Brynmor - 06-03-2016, 04:20 PM