• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones [Iona, any]

His ears flicked around the as she spoke a blunt question. He didn't know of her past, other than she had made it here to Beqanna, and that she had some grit to her. She was an interesting sort, bold in moments but seemingly timid in others. Maybe she had just started to come out of her shell. Either way he had to give her a tour of the lands and help her orient herself so she could function as a working member of the kingdom.

As for her question he hadn't met everyone in Chamber, then there were those that called chamber home but wandered about, he didn't have a number to tell her. so he said so, no reason to hem and haw about it. "I am unsure the exact number. we are smaller in number than we were before the war that destroyed these lands a few years ago, but out number are gaining each week. There are a decent number of us though. I find I run into never different members quite often... but not so much that I don't find those I already know as well."

The necromancer eyed the mare curiously, unsure what she expects. then without further ado, walked into the trees, ready to get the tour on the way. While he was friendly he hated standing in proverbial doorways. As he walked the through the dense trees he pointed out the features that would be most useful to help her navigate and where the best creeks and streams were, where there were shelters, and where they held herd meetings. He stopped short of informing her of too much detail of the kingdoms inner workings- as he knew not her true intentions. He had come as a spy himself, but later had a change of heart, so it wasn't unheard of.
    towards the end of the spiraling tour, he halted at the center of the kingdom, not far from the tall ever burning tree. The tour had taken several hours and night was upon them. He had to wrap this up and get to his next duty. He wasn't blessed with a multitude of time. "That about wraps up the tour. I hope you find Chamber to your liking. I am not always around, but if you see me feel free to say hello or ask a question if you have one. Do you need anything else?" His eyes were soft to match his voice, he hoped she would grow to be a strong member here, but only time would tell.

Nymphetamine

cold was my soul, untold was the pain I faced when you left me: a rose in the rain

ooc: I figured we could wrap this up since it technically is from a few seasons ago, and we have that other "any" thread together. that way we don't have multiple timelines going on. Smile If you really want to continue this one, then I will edit my reply to sound less final.
    [Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Like a Thorn to the Holy Ones [Iona, any] - by Nymphetamine - 05-22-2016, 08:53 PM