• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

she slept with wolves without fear; birthing, yael, any

she slept with wolves without fear

Rhynn watches as the golden mare reaches out to the girl and a small twinge pulls at the deepest corner of her heart. “Eliora, a pretty name.” It suites her too. Even now Rhynn can tell that when she grows, little Eliora is going to be a pretty little thing.

The girl looks up, smiling, as Yael opens her wings to her, and wobbles forward to cuddle into the little golden hollow. “Mama!” She sniffs the air, detecting the scent of milk, and wuffles about until she finds the source. Her black tail wags happily as she tucks in.

The golden mare looks back at Rhynn and offers, an olive branch of sorts. “Oh …” Rhynn pauses, unsure of what to say. She really hadn’t expected to be allowed to visit the girl. With a deal of this sort, one rather expects to never see the child again, no questions asked. But to be actually allowed to visit …

“I … I think I’d like that. Thank you.” She’s surprised at the admittance. Even though she’s been trying to dampen down every last little bit of affection towards the girl, she can’t help but feel. Damn hormones.

The magician finally fulfills her end of the deal then, and Rhynn sighs with relief as she feels the mental walls settling in. She’s finally free once again. She nods in agreement as Yael repeats her terms - “yes, yes of course” - then turns away. “I guess I’ll take my leave then.” She needs time to think, time to recover. “But I’ll be back.”

for the wolves knew a lion was among them

rhynn

Messages In This Thread
    RE: she slept with wolves without fear; birthing, yael, any - by Rhynn - 04-21-2016, 05:26 PM