• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've got scars that can't be seen | speck

watch your tongue or have it cut from your head,
    save your life by keeping whispers unsaid.

He watches her struggle, her limbs too sore and weak from their tumultuous fall to withstand her weight, and he sees the flash of pain that lingers across the soft, kind features of her face. It is then that he pieces together the fragments of her entirety, taking in the way her back gently slopes and the way her hips swell. She is undoubtedly feminine, and when she finally opens her bright blue eyes to meet with his own, he is momentarily stunned. Once more, he finds himself elusively drawn to her - that same light emanating from the depths of her unwavering pools. He savors the brief moment of eye contact, before she is abruptly awestruck.

He follows her gaze, studying his own thin, intricately designed wings, and with a simple shake, the shadow was now cast over her, painting her soft copper pelt with the same unusual pattern. He cannot hide the smile that tugs again at the corners of his mouth as she stares beyond his strange features - he knows of only one other who has ever done so, and he had come to consider his King a close friend as a result - and he can feel the tension slowly roll out of his dual shoulders.

His multiple limbs shift and his talons sift at the moist soil beneath, deeply rooting him a bit more. Her words spill out in wonderment, and he can feel himself recoiling slightly. Embarrassment was not an emotion he experienced often, but it washed over him like the thick blanket of night - he tried to ignore it, a soft chuckle rising from the depths of his throat as he tried to rearrange it into amusement.

He was flattered, though, in many ways.

No one had referred to his wings as beautiful before. Nor any other part of him, for that matter.

"Thank you - I appreciate that;" He muses softly, pausing to tuck his spindly, eerily moving legs beneath him as he lowers himself to the ground beside her. He does not usually put himself in such a predicament, but he has pity for her and her undesired injury, and her enchanting light glows deep within her eyes. He cannot pull away. He finally settles his wings along his spine once more, folding them carefully. "My name is Elysium. And yours?"

elysium

no mercy from the edge of the blade,
    dare escape and learn the price to be paid.

Messages In This Thread
    i've got scars that can't be seen | speck - by Elysium - 02-20-2016, 09:21 PM
    RE: i've got scars that can't be seen | speck - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 06:51 PM
    RE: i've got scars that can't be seen | speck - by Elysium - 03-08-2016, 08:03 PM
    RE: i've got scars that can't be seen | speck - by Elysium - 03-11-2016, 10:10 PM
    RE: i've got scars that can't be seen | speck - by Elysium - 03-12-2016, 09:17 PM