• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we are nothing without each other - initiation for new sisters!

I am iron and I forge myself

One by one they come, older and younger alike; some that she knows very well, and some she’s only caught wind of. Many of them have proven their inclination to be a member of the sisterhood by sticking it out this far - through Scorch and then herself - and still, through the tidings of war. Perhaps they have forgotten the meeting they had awhile ago. Perhaps not. Either way, it will ask much of them, even those that do not physically fight (if it comes to that).

She accepts them for what and who they are, whether they come with a bitter past, or have yet to shatter the innocence of youth. She welcomes them with open arms, as a General and a Mother and Sister and friend. She would encourage them to speak their minds, to challenge her physically and mentally; Lagertha should not be Khaleesi if she cannot prove that she deserves the title.

In the end, the becoming a Sister is more than the title and the tattoos - it is a connection to all the women of the past and a promise to the daughters of the future. It is a more solemn oath than any of the other kingdoms take, and it is for a lifetime, however long that may be. Lagertha need not lecture them with these facts, they are smart and she is sure that they know these facts - well, all except for Haru.

She meets their gazes as they arrive, nodding and smiling occasionally. It is good to see Joscelin again, and Alptraum’s presence is a grand surprise. She never really thought she’d see the black mare again, despite the fact that she swore once before. Sarkis and Vineine represent the softer side of the women, Kataclysm the feisty, and in Lexa, a unique alliance that she knows nothing about. She is satisfied with the outcome, knowing that many prefer to linger in her home without swearing allegiance; it is so with any kingdom. She clears her throat and begins when it seems that no one else is going to join them. “Thank you all for coming. I’m glad to see you all here, and am eager to welcome you into the Sisterhood. Remember that this is not an oath to be taken lightly. Leaving the Jungle with a change of heart is, of course, permitted, but if you were to betray us, a slash will appear across your chest. The spirit is vengeful in that way. And Alptraum, you don't have to re-swear if you don't want to. ”

Lagertha pauses and then continues when it seems that no one is scared away by the fair warning. Good for them. “We didn’t have a physical manifestation at my initiation, so I’m not entirely sure what the spirit will do…” She glances down at the cat, and it peers back up at her, blinking silently with its golden, secretive gaze, and then back to the initiates. Lagertha rolls her muscular shoulders in a shrug and then proceeds. “Repeat after me: To the Jungle, I swear my service, to the best of my ability. To this kingdom, I swear my body and my blood. To my Sisters, I swear my loyalty and love, for all the days of my life.”  

Lagertha

warrior queen of the amazons

[play the spirit as you like! it should breathe on you at least, and then you get your tattoos, but of course it can always do more Smile Also I've altered the oath a little bit. If anyone has any problems with that, let me know - but it seemed more fitting with Lagertha's outlook.]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we are nothing without each other - initiation for new sisters! - by Lagertha - 02-08-2016, 05:43 PM