• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Do you ever feel like you're missing out? Nao/Ikaro
    Do you believe you're missin' out?
    That everything good is happening somewhere else?

Being the old fellow I am, I easily recognize the child’s passive aggression; bladed gaze, honeyed voice. Her execution of the behavior is admirable, I’ll give her that much. Staying the urge to roll my eyes towards her general existence, I simply smile in return, watching the stallion approach as an excuse not to reply. The gentle glisten of his dapples intrigue me, leading me to subtly replicate them on my own skin, in my own colour-tone.  Innocently twisting to scratch my elbow as the girl laughs (a sound much like hooves clattering against stone), I admire my handiwork before returning to the conversation.

Age doesn’t decrease vanity, I almost tell her; I remind myself that would be the most out of place statement, and wonder momentarily for my mental state. God.

Smacking my lifts very softly as the flyaway woman retreats, I turn my gaze to the boy, finding myself bored with the whole situation. Old men shouldn’t have to handle the fits of teenagehood. Still, I nod kindly to the boy’s apology. “We all have our days.”

The silence enwraps us then, and I don’t begrudge it. The dapple’s staring does cause his skin to twitch, distorting the image of Kagerou and my imaginary dapples. As Ikaro finally brings calm to the chaos of our silence, I tilt my head slightly, finding myself becoming more curious as to the whole ordeal, strangeness and all.

“That’s correct,” I say huskily, much as Kagerou might have. “Did you have the pleasure of knowing her?” My gut twists, my heart aches, and suddenly my eyes glaze over. It happens so damn quickly. I toss my head, breaking our eye contact. “Sorry, sport. You hit my soft spot.” Staring into the distance in an attempt to empty my eyes of their burden, I open my mouth to speak but find myself at a loss. Instead of continuing the gentleman ought to, I drop the thread of conversation clumsily; an old man with no coordination.

KAVI
    Kagerou x Rhaego

Damn, Kavers is a sad old man ._.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Do you ever feel like you're missing out? Nao/Ikaro - by Kavi - 01-02-2016, 03:23 AM