• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and when I breathed - Draconis, any

and when i breathed

my breath was lightning

The Chamber and the Valley wouldn’t attack here. The Jungle was safe, and Rhy would stay behind and see to it that it stayed that way. There were pretty few horses in Beqanna that a little electric couldn’t stop, so she wasn’t worried about playing guard. No. In all honesty, she didn’t entirely know what she was so worried about. If the Jungle was going to fight, she was glad they chose the Gates (Straia needed no help, really).

The majority of Beqanna against the Valley and the Chamber was at least an equal fight, tipping the scales in their favor slightly even. So why was she worried? No particular reason. Just simply because war always leaves the world torn and shattered in it’s wake. And despite knowing this, Lagertha and Straia and Gallows and probably others she didn’t know about where keen to go to war.

It was avoidable. They were choosing not to avoid it.

Draconis, however, is a welcome distraction from the truth of everything. She’s honestly just simply wonderful. It hasn’t taken long for Rhy to grow attached to the girl, a selfish hope creeping in that they wouldn’t find the girl’s mother. Rhy sort of wanted to stay with the girl, though of course, she’d do whatever was best for Draconis.

The girl jumps from the bush, nearly smashing into Rhy’s head. Rhy reels backward, trying to get out of the way, a few sparks instinctively flying off her coat for a moment (the electric girl’s equivalent of a squeak), before she regains her composure. “You’ll fit right in here,” she says with a laugh, shaking her head to settle her mane back where it belongs.

Naga joins them then, and Rhy turns her attention to her friend with a smile. But she doesn’t need to introduce Draconis. It doesn’t take long for her to warm up  to Naga, introducing herself and welcoming her to the game. Rhy smiles, figuring now is not the time to mention how Rhy ended up with Draconis. The girl isn’t thinking about her mother, and Rhy doesn’t think she needs to bring it up.

Instead, she looks back at Draconis with a grin. “I think we should hide,” she says, nodding to Naga and herself, “And you should come find us.” It would be a good way for Draconis to learn her way around the Jungle. Rhy gives them both a playful grin before taking off in the other direction. “Count to ten!” She yells behind her.

She disappears into the greenery easily, not going particularly far, and looks for a nice dense piece of brush. She cheats here, shifting into a lion so she can slip into the bush and lie down easily, before turning back into a horse. It’s less comfortable as a horse, but she’s nestled into the bush pretty well now. Not impossible to find, but hard eenough to make it fun.

rhy

the electric lioness of riagan and rayelle

Messages In This Thread
    and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Rhy - 10-29-2015, 09:27 AM
    RE: and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Rhy - 11-12-2015, 09:50 AM
    RE: and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Rhy - 12-11-2015, 02:39 PM
    RE: and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Naga - 12-11-2015, 03:36 PM
    RE: and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Rhy - 01-01-2016, 07:20 PM
    RE: and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Rhy - 02-05-2016, 04:13 PM
    RE: and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Rhy - 02-23-2016, 11:12 AM