• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and when I breathed - Draconis, any

But the night fades away and gives way to the day

She waits in her hiding spot, little heart a-thumping with excitement. She can hear Rhy coming closer through the underbrush and tucks her muzzle in further between her forelegs to muffle any squeals that might escape. Hearing her name sung out by her guardian, she knows that now, unfortunately, the game is up, or nearly so. Alright. The star-blanketed filly tenses her muscles and leaps upwards, yelling gleefully in hopes of surprising the mare now that she's been discovered, barely missing Rhy's head as it entered Draconis' hiding spot. "Boo! You found me! You're pretty good at this, Rhy. But did I scare you? Did I pick a good hiding spot? " It's then that she sees the other mare standing with the electric female, and wonders where she had come from. She must already know Rhy, judging by how she was greeting her, but it leaves the girl feeling a little nervous at first. She seems very nice, though, especially when she referred to Draconis as a little bundle of fun, and the filly grins at the newcomer. "Hi, I'm Draconis! " Naga wants to to join in their game, does she? She'd once heard her mother utter the phrase "the more the merrier", and while it hadn't made sense to her then, she supposes that it definitely can be applied to this situation. Feeling impish, she looks both of the mares over, one at a time. "Sure, with more horses, the more turns and the longer we can play! But how are you going to decide who's going to hide next, hmmm? Maybe you guys will have to pick sides and flip a pebble? " The little firebug is amused by this idea, and giggles quietly while watching the adults. Were there even pebbles to be found in the Jungle, or had the ever-present green covered them all over?

Draconis

For what else is the night to do?
    Photograph by Isabel Mansfeld

Messages In This Thread
    and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Rhy - 10-29-2015, 09:27 AM
    RE: and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Rhy - 11-12-2015, 09:50 AM
    RE: and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Rhy - 12-11-2015, 02:39 PM
    RE: and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Naga - 12-11-2015, 03:36 PM
    RE: and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Draconis - 12-26-2015, 07:14 PM
    RE: and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Rhy - 01-01-2016, 07:20 PM
    RE: and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Rhy - 02-05-2016, 04:13 PM
    RE: and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Rhy - 02-23-2016, 11:12 AM