• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and i found love where it wasn't supposed to be; any
    now im going to reap what i sow

Won't.

It's a word he can understand at least, better than can't. Can't was for quitters, can't never could. His father had been partial to that saying. "Hmmph. Given up then huh? Well, it's your life I guess....won't" He huffs, leaning away and looking at her with inquisition. He tries to stand very tall and very still, but everything inside of him was just too forced. Her champagne skin, her downy wings, she stuck out. In a way Gryffen had stuck out with his angelic feathers, yet they suited her- she was much softer than he had been.

Softness was a rare commodity in the Chamber. Everything within was corners and sharp edges, everything was angles. It was barbed, needles on skin. The pale mare was like a beacon in the shade of the pines, signaling to creatures and darkness. How come he had not sent her on her way yet? She was new here, that much was evident but that does not mean that she did not belong. That she could not. Does one ever just wander to the Chamber?

Anywhere

An unappealing decision he thought, a breeze stirring behind him, making his mane a wild black tangle. His glassy eyes glared at the swirling avians, ears perking forward at their haunting voices. It was enough. He spread his own wings wide, scales burnished with the color of molten metal, hooked talons protruding at their corners. He thrashed them, creating around her a reptilian sphere as he pushed the things away. Open, shut, open, shut. Quick movements that forced the mist around them both but he didn't touch her, not once.

"Here is anywhere, anywhere else is everywhere. Which is it?" He raised a brow, watching the irritated black birds retreat to the trees. They may have left but their eyes never deserted him- they never deserted them. A nosing brood, a rowdy one at times, like now.

They expressed their indignity none too quietly.

KILLDARE
    The Dragon Lord & Colonel of the Chamber

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and i found love where it wasn't supposed to be; any - by Killdare - 12-18-2015, 08:27 PM