• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there is beauty in the darkness; yronwood

Oft in the woods is a listener nigh

The matter of fact way she describes her life impresses Roe as he listens with tilted head. Not that he thought she was in any way disabled, or a being who needed to be pitied. Rather, it was because Saskya had taken what could have been a handicap and made it a part of her, adapting her other senses accordingly and living just as well as a sighted horse would. Some might have let their "lost" sense embitter them, or use it purposefully to gain sympathy from others, but this spring-colored mare had not, and the chestnut respects that immensely. For her, it was just how things were, nothing more and nothing less. He is a little surprised that she has no place to call home, but perhaps she preferred the same free, "beholden to no one" life that his mother had cherished. She asks about where it is that he lives, wants to hear it described; and he lets out a soft whicker in place of the smile she would not see.

"I was born and raised in the Jungle, but when I came of age I chose to go and live in the Tundra, where some of my mother's kin were dwelling. My sister still lives in the jungle, though. " The spotted stallion pauses to consider his words. "I haven't lived there as long as some of the other Brothers. But, the Tundra is a beautiful place once you have learned to endure the cold weather. There's glaciers, frozen waterfalls, ice caves....I managed to withhold the impulse to try and stick my tongue to an icicle. Somehow, I doubt that it would have ended well for me if I'd done it. ", he laughs before continuing on. "It's not always easy to find food with the land covered in snow and ice for most of the year, but adversity is what makes one strong. " He pauses, a question hesitating on his tongue, then decides to risk it. "Maybe you'd like to visit it someday? I could take you there. "

Yronwood

evil whisperings go here my dear

Art by

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there is beauty in the darkness; yronwood - by Yronwood - 11-22-2015, 02:20 PM