• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

There's a song in your lung and a dream in your eye. (Perse)
    Sounds good to me! I went ahead and jumped them ahead, if this works for you.

There's a song in your lung and a dream in your eye.

She remembers her. Of course she remembers her. How could she possibly forget?

She had changed her and she didn’t even know it.

She hasn’t seen her in ages, but when she sees her again, there in the meadow, it is as though it were only yesterday. She remembers the fear, the rage, the heartache. She remembers how she had run away like a dog with her tail between her legs. I pray you find it, she had said. Joscelin had stared at her, confusion and alarm rising within her. For she had stirred something. Something she isn’t entirely sure she wishes to acknowledge. How could she?

Her harsh words had torn down her walls while her soft caresses had eased the sting. And she had run. A simple ”I have to go” whispered into the air before she had turned and disappeared. Taking off, into the clouds, where she could not follow.

But she sees her now, her form familiar, lovely. She almost leaves again. Almost runs. But she is not that same coward anymore. She has grown, changed. Strengthened. Hardened her heart.

She doesn’t stop until she is close. Close enough to touch. But she doesn’t. She resists the urge.

”Perse.”

Her name escapes on a soft exhale. There is a catch in her tone, one she hadn’t meant, one that shouldn’t have been there.

”You look as beautiful today as you did then.”

She knows how much she dislikes being called beautiful. She knows and she says it anyway. She says it because she hates it. Because she needs the lovely silver mare to remind her of all the reasons she should not have missed her so much.

Joscelin

Tiphon x Elysteria

html c insane | picture c mikanicole.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
    RE: There's a song in your lung and a dream in your eye. (Perse) - by Joscelin - 11-20-2015, 01:41 PM