• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you've got a friend in me [rucker, wichita, any]

FAMILIAR BREATH OF MY OLD LIES
    CHANGED THE COLOR IN MY EYES

She is watching them run, hanging back where she could simply keep an eye on Rucker. Not that his Sire isn't capable of watching him, but he's her baby boy. He's her baby boy that's growing, just like they all did, soon she imagines he will have outgrown her. Some of them did, like Tioga. Towering like her Father, but still they were both hesitant to speak on the fact. Then again there was little Bly. She had returned in the Gates meadow one day, acting everything of a stranger to her, and then she had left.That had broken Wichita's heart, the little mare wondered just how much of the thumping organ she still had.

It's exhilarating to watch them frolic, carefree if only for a while. Then Rucker takes a spill, and she instantly becomes a bundle of nerves. Making her way over, quick as he short legs take her, she is ready to asses any damages. To place kisses on any boo-boo's because some of Momma's sugar always fixes that. As she nears him, she begins to fret, "Hon, you all righ'? Are ya hurt?" He can't hear a word of course, but that doesn't always keep her from calling out to him. It's not until she is close that the little black colt giggles, and flops over. Gaza is soon, nosing at him, telling him to rise and she knows that everything is okay.

Still, a quick look herself won't hurt, better safe than sorry. She sides up, slipping her nose to the sleek black of her son's. She sniffs, then lips at his skin before placing a kiss on the tip of his nose. "Well now lil' britches, you look okay to me" She gives a warm smile to display that she is not angry, nudging at his rump in efforts to bring him to his feet.

Wichita
    gentle southern belle of Heaven's Gates

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you've got a friend in me [rucker, wichita, any] - by Wichita - 11-18-2015, 08:36 AM